It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government using underhanded tricks to screw disabled and sick people AGAIN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is taken from The Broken of Britain blog: thebrokenofbritain.blogspot.com...

After an incredibly constructive debate yesterday in the House Of Lords the government appear to be concerned about how many Lords had significant concerns about the Welfare Reform Bill, even those Lords who in principle supported the bill had major questions they wanted answers to.

For a bill of this size and importance, convention dictates that the next stage of the bill should be kept in the main chamber of the House of Lords for debate. It's particularly important the bill be continued to be debated in the main chamber as disability access to the smaller committee rooms is very limited and people will not be able to access the committee rooms to exercise their democratic right to observe the passge of the bill from the public chamber.

Read the rest on the site.

Now I am sure that the vast majority of people reading this will not care for various reasons, but if true, this is absolute proof that our government needs to be removed immediately, because they serve only themselves and will go to whatever lengths necessary to get their evil agenda through the houses.

This is NOT democracy, these people are TRAITORS and need to be not only removed from power, but criminally prosecuted.

WHERE is the outrage? WHY will the majority of people in this country continue to let the most vulnerable of society suffer at the hands of the greedy elite?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

UK's new Welfare Reform Bill.......

Can you explain exactly what it is and how it affects those with disabilities and their carers

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The outrage is confined to every disabled person in the UK. We have marched, we have written letters, we have sweated blood over the changes that the UK government want to put in place. Problem is, no-one is listening. I know many people, myself included, are afraid to be seen doing *anything* that other people would see as *normal* because the 'normals' don't know diddly about disability and many have reported disabled folks as frauds. Not everyone that uses a wheelchair is 'confined' to the chair but if anyone is seen up on their feet, God forbid - walking (!) they are automatically called frauds, or worse. (I can only speak of the wheelchair users because I am one myself even though I can totter around the house on my own two feet. It doesn't make me a fraud though!)

When these new changes come about, those who are on the lowest Disability Living Allowance will suddenly be seen as not disabled enough and thrown on Jobseekers. Hell, I know of people who have been on the highest level and ATOS (the company who do medical tests on DLA claimers) have regarded them as well enough to work, and have had their DLA taken away completely, totally unfairly. It sucks big time, this government and their low-down techniques of 'saving' money. They pick on those who cannot fight back. And even if they try to fight back, they are ignored. As a person with a disability, I am scared and angry. It makes me sick.

new topics

join