It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basra, Iraq near Iran border just felt the earth shake but no info online: possible earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So far 2 earthquakes today in this area, we can feel it, first one was more intense, this one was just a rumble.

but I cant seem to find any information on the location of the earthquake or the magnitude. Anyone?

either earthquake or Iran is testing something...
edit on 10/9/2011 by RizeorDie because: title

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Might I ask you where you live OP ? If you're on the Iran border, USGS snubs those quakes most of the time so you never know what you're getting.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
USGS says their was a magnitude 4.2 near Northeast Iran. Is this near the location you are? USGS Iran quake

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Basra, about half an hour away from shat al arab.

reply to post by collietta

yes thank you, a 4.2 then.

I think that was the stronger one, there was a weaker one afterwards, an aftershock I presume.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I don't know if this is of any help to you but the Iranians have a good earthquake listing

Recent Iranian earthquakes

Unfortunately they generally only list those IN Iran, but it may give you some indication if that is the source of what you feel.

USGS only cover 4 to 4.5 outside of the US and I am not aware of an Iraqi service yet. (Please let me know if there is one so I can update my lists)

edit on 11/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join