It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FIRST 9/11 ATS thread - writen as it happened...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is absolutely amazing reading.

Thank you so much for finding and linking this.....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I saw someone mentioned Simon Gray is the founder/owner but i am surprised he doesnt contribute to the threads more often.

Simon Gray
edit on 10-9-2011 by 11I11 because: spelling of gray.

edit on 10-9-2011 by 11I11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Wow I never knew ATS was around then, I have had the same thought as the OP a number of times, but always thought ATS was newer

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link this or not, but here is the thread from Fark from that day, it's a bit chilling to read

edit
I'm pretty sure that there are more threads on it as that one is only 8 pages,
edit on 10-9-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Edit again
Here is the page with all of the threads, scroll down to the 11th
edit on 10-9-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

That was quite chillin to read. Reading it knowing what eventualy unfolded, quite surreal. Like a time machine back to the day it happened.

Thank you so much for posting that, i imagine the ATS thread would have read similarly.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
it would be interesting, but how many of you were attached to the Internet in 2001?

I know I wasn't, in fact I didn't have access until 2003 both work and home.

I guess the ones that did would have found it intriguing to be in a position to discuss it directly with other people form around the Globe. I'm just glad that I was able to keep up with developments by phone as I was in work and didn't have access to a Television.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That's exactly what I was thinking as I was watching another documentary about 9/11. I mean this is THE go to conspiracy website so I would also like to know if anything can be found back in the day.

In fact, I was also wondering if people were thinking that something like 9/11 might happen days before the events as in the predictions section here on the website. It would be cool to read what rumors people were hearing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Combing through the Fark site gives me an eerie feeling. How, in such a short time, the culprits were identified and people were crying out for their blood.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
it would be interesting, but how many of you were attached to the Internet in 2001?

I know I wasn't, in fact I didn't have access until 2003 both work and home.

I guess the ones that did would have found it intriguing to be in a position to discuss it directly with other people form around the Globe. I'm just glad that I was able to keep up with developments by phone as I was in work and didn't have access to a Television.

I was online in 1996.I remember it well.
As for 2001,my eyes were glued to the tv.
edit on 10-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I too had no idea ATS was around back then... it would be great to relive those peoples thoughts as it was happening...

Heres something I would like to add, Howard Sterns live broadcast from 9/11/01, he was broadcasting from his studio in NYC... interrupts Pam Anderson interview...

Theres also a part two if your interested heres the LINK so I dont bog down this thread

Ive always loved howard, and have heard this broadcast many times... still very chilling to hear every time

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That is only part of it. Every person that still believes the official version of events needs to read that story. Does anyone know if that story can be confirmed when it was posted?

WASHINGTON - 23JUN2001 (AirlineBiz.Com) With U.S. Gulf forces already on high alert, the U.S. State Department is expected to issue a travel advisory shortly warning Americans traveling overseas to be on their guard.

Videotapes allegedly show Osama bin Laden threatening to attack U.S. interests in the region. Indictments against 13 Saudi nationals and one Lebanese, charging them with killing 19 US servicemen at a military base in Saudi Arabia in 1996 appears to be the catalyst.

With the announcement of the indictments, U.S. Attorney General Ashcroft noted how terrorists are targeting the United States. "Americans are a high-priority target for terrorists," he said.

In recent years, U.S. citizens have found themselves the target of several attacks by the terror network of Osama bin Laden. One such attack involved a plot to destroy 12 U.S. airliners in Asia.

A jury found Ramzi Ahmed Yousef the alleged mastermind of the scheme, and two other defendants, guilty on all counts. Yousef is also the alleged mastermind of the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and is also linked to schemes to assassinate President Clinton and the Pope.

Just prior to the attack of the Saudi military base, officials uncovered the plot to blow up 12 U.S. airliners on January 6, 1995 when a fire broke out in a Manila apartment.

During the trial a Secret Service agent testified that Yousef boasted during his extradition flight to New York that he would have blown up several jumbo jets within a few weeks if his plan had not been discovered. The government said the defendants even devised a name for their airline terror plot named, "Project Bojinka."

Tapes played in court showed the defendants talking about how much they enjoyed killing Americans. In a test run, a bomb was placed on a Philippine Air Lines 747 flight to Tokyo. It exploded, killing a Japanese passenger.

The Arabic satellite television channel MBC has reported, "the next two weeks will witness a big surprise."

A reporter of MBC said, "A severe blow is expected against U.S. and Israeli interests worldwide." MBC said the reporter met with Osama bin Laden two days ago in Afghanistan.

"There is a major state of mobilization among the Osama bin Laden forces. It seems that there is a race of who will strike first. Will it be the United States or Osama bin Laden?" the correspondent said.

June 25 is the fifth anniversary of the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers bombing which killed 19 U.S. servicemen. Bob Monetti, President of the Victims of Pan Am Flight 103 said, "I hope the airlines are watching this situation closely."

Mr. Monetti, who lost his son Rick on Pan Am 103 is also a special advisor to the FAA on security related matters. Monetti is hopeful about the progress that has been made since the bombing of Pan Am 103.

However, Monetti expressed serious concern about the abilities of the airlines to stop a terrorist organization from carrying out their plans as promised. Monetti noted that Osama bin Laden has had several terrorist targets over the years and not all of them have been military.

"The airlines are at risk -- They need to take all appropriate measures and counter-measures to ensure the safety of their passengers," Monetti said.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Sorry,I should have posted the whole thing.
You notice the date of it,June 23,2001.
Don't know if this was fully checked out,but it was really a shock when I read it and now I understand the questions and conspiracies of 9/11 when,if it's true,we knew it was coming.
Really makes you think of why ,the US government,let it happen.

edit on 11-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link this or not, but here is the thread from Fark from that day, it's a bit chilling to read.

This act upon us could cause us to become a facist state and cause us to abuse our power.

A post from page 8 on the Fark thread. How right this guy was.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I hope everyone realizes how important this thread is. It is asking a question we are not supposed to ask, which has answers we are not supposed to know (at least according to some). When I look at the Wayback machine site archives, it looks to me as if it has been "cleaned" or "purged". I find it all very convenient the specific articles that "survived", then massive blocks of time are missing at very critical points.

I have this feeling that something about this isn't right. It is only a gut feeling, with no physical evidence, but nevertheless the feeling is there. Anyone else have this "feeling" as well?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

I noticed the same thing about the wayback machine being purged. It seems almost every possible site that may have had any indication about possible terrorist threats was removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join