It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's jobs plan may top $400 billion [Up from $300b yesteday]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Not only is this another massive money grab for the unions, but even in cases where other employers and employees could benefit from this plan, we still have obamacare hanging over everyone's heads ready to leech it all back and then some. I guess we were supposed to forget about that.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by notquitesure

The utter lack of perspective in his approach is amazing. To suggest that due to a few Republicans supported a similar bill some time ago as justification for supporting his current plan is the stuff of idiots.

No context of the timing and situation at the time. I can point to a number of folks who at one point were interested in putting an antenna on the roof to get better TV reception. They would likely say no were I to ask them at a later date in the middle of a thunder storm. Same exact thing.

No details. Valerie Jarrett came out today saying that he did not have specifics, that he was talking about ideas and principals. What a joke. He needs to give the speech urgently and has absolutely nothing to offer that is in any way actionable. It was nothing but a campaign speech. He demanded to give it in the House Chamber making the entire thing a show.

Irresponsible. "Pass it now" when we do not have any idea what "it" is. That was the process in passing Obamacare, which is likely to be found unconstitutional.

No confidence or reassurance given to the markets as evidenced by them tanking today.

Again, tired, old, been there/done that and ultimately a bluff trying to protray the Republicans as do-nothings. History shows that when tax increases are implemented immediately to be followed by spending cuts, the taxes go up and the spending cuts never materialize.

It would be interesting if the order was reversed. Cut the spending, no accounting gimics, no long-term materialization of the cuts, cut it today and then implement any tax hikes (not that they should even consider tax hikes in the first place). Were the Republicans to do that, all of a sudden Obama would not think his "compromise approach was such a compromise.

I stand by my earlier comment in this thread. The gent has essentially become irrelevant. He is so over exposed by his own efforts, that nobody even listens to him any more. Folks disliked Carter, he was an awful president, but folks at least listened to him. They might not have liked what he said, but they listened to him. Folks like Obama, he is an awful president and nobody listens to him. They not only don't like what he says, they don't care what he says. They like him though and thats the only thing he has going for him.

<< 1   >>

join