It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had deja vu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I swear i have, and i felt like it had happend before. I was at work doing my normal thing
and i was approached by a person they looked normal, i'd never seen them before but there was
something familiar about them i couldn't work it out, it's like i've seen them before but i havent.....weird

what does deja vu really mean? is it really a glich in the matrix....lol

or is it our brain giving us a small glimps of the future?

does that then make us psychic? sort of......

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
yeah ive had de ja vu. with all these solar flare threads

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Mate

I'm in two minds about this.

Seriously though I do actually get it quite often. Specifically for me it relates to things that I have dream't, or at least think I have dream't. I haven't looked into this too much but now you've started this thread I might go and do some research to find out if I am a vutard.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
you know,

i'm sure i've read this post before

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I find lately that I have the deja vu sensation during many 'routine' things that I do. Which makes sense. And I'm sure my sleeping pattern has an effect on this.

I'm beginning to think maybe it is just a that sudden 'oh sh!t' moment when we encounter a memory that was buried deep within our mind, and for some reason, we recognized that memory, but can't explain it's origin - whether it be a dream, or something you previously experienced while conscious.

So, I don't think the sensation comes out of nowhere (E.g. psychic powers) like many think. Although, it does tend to make you feel that way on some occasions.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by starfighter1978

no - but i had something very similar

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Okdokey

Done the research and it's clear little if anything is known about it in definitive terms so I'm happy to say I'm not suffering from vutardia.

Strangely the sense that I have with the vu is that of recalling a dream from many years previous and quite vividly I might add. Although it goes against all I consider to be the reality in which I live I cannot help but get the sensation that I am meant to be doing what I am doing because I have dream't about it prior to it's occurrence.

Maybe that's why I'm an ATS member.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Didn't you post this thread once before?
edit on 9/7/2011 by 0001391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i also have de ja vu quite often.
like tonight for example. i saw an event play out id seen in a dream weeks ago..
its been happening more often lately,, me seeing my dreams in reality...
its never anything significant tho..
atleast not yet...
edit on 7-9-2011 by EternalChef because: forgot something

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
doesnt that still strike you as odd though either doing something you drempt about
or something else......spooky

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
perhaps we live our lives more than once? Making new and improved decisions as we try to get it right in some type of holographic universal matrix.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yeah, I sometimes get them. I always thought they were pretty common?

I've often been told or read in places that deja vu, is just the neurones in the brain refiring a couple of times in a row (I think it's been associated with temporal lobe epilepsy), making you believe that you have already witnessed a certain event. Although from a quick google search, it may be slightly more complex than that.

One hypothesis is that deja vu may be the occurrence of cryptomnesia

Of course, everyone has their own opinions as to what it is or isn't, and no one can really safe for definite at this moment in time
edit on 7/9/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Im not counting, but not a week will pass where i dont have deja vu.

The emotional feeling it gives me is so intense, sends a shiver down my spine and makes my eyes water.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starfighter1978

Deja vu is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks for all the webster's definitions.. -_-

But no one really answered the question..

What do they call it when you KNOW you've seen/ been in the exact same situation before actually being there?

Maybe its hints that the "matrix" is real...

Idk im just wondering.. i've been having these little "visions" for pretty much all my life.. They're becoming more frequent as the year goes on. now its like a minimum of once or twice a week now.

Im just hoping if something big does happen one of these days ill have a little advance notice.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have experienced Déjà vu several times, like others in the thread it seems to be things I have dreamed happening in real life, nothing major, just little day to day things. One time I was having a conversation with my mom and I stop mid sentence and said “I just dreamed this last week” Good to know I am not the only one…

join