It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoffa Threatens GOP At Obama Event: "Take These Son Of Bitches Out"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by centurion1211
The was the warm up to obama's speech. You know, the very same obama that told us all that we need to tone down the political rhetoric ...

source

They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa Jr. said to a heavily union crowd.

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

Obama addressed the crowd shortly after Hoffa.

So, the second front of obama's 2012 campaign is now out in the public view. First, it was the "everyone that disagrees with obama is a racist" strategy. Now the unions are declaring war on Republicans. You can say all you wan that these are just words, but union thugs have a way of not seeing it that way. We will have union democrats actually doing what the left says they're afraid the tea party members would do (but haven't).

Political hypocrisy at its worst. Tearing America apart at a town near you.

Nice cherry picking.

Go look up the term "cherry picking". And then explain to everyone how I was doing that. The article was pretty short, so quoting any of it was pretty much quoting almost all of it - which would be against the T&C. You might want to look those up, too.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
maybe we should end the unions tomorrow.

They could all be gone and this economy will still be complete garbage.

But yes, go after the middle class who is actually paying taxes into the system.

I swear to christ, the only things some of you support are damned destructive.

What find most funny of all, every single one of you is dependent on government...that includes neo and centurion. You rely on government to protect your interests...just as someone who is poor, or in a union, etc.

You're only for your own form of big government.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Union thugs.

Why are they called thugs? Because they defend their own interests?

Aren't we all thugs then?

-------------------

it's great to see that people here are so willingly ready to call teachers, firefighters, policemen, veterans, etc. thugs.

Do any of you who are calling people in unions "thugs"...do you actually know anyone in them?

Would you call them a "thug" to their face?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Go look up the term "cherry picking". And then explain to everyone how I was doing that.

I do not have to look it up. The quote you provided was not the entire statement in context. What it was was a selection of a sentence specifically cherry picked to give a different impression of what he was trying to say.
Do you need to know what it means to cherry pick?

The article was pretty short, so quoting any of it was pretty much quoting almost all of it - which would be against the T&C. You might want to look those up, too.

I managed to post the entire quote just fine and it only took up two lines to do it. Watch, I will do it again.

“Everybody here has a vote,” Hoffa said Monday. “If we go back and we keep the eye on the prize. Let’s take these sons of bitches out and give America back to America where we belong.”

That is how you do that. The entire sentence right there. Two lines. Get the mods on me.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Its funny how a group with such a small percentage of the overall population has such a large investment in politics and fighting for everyone's rights. Perhaps if the unions actually did something for their membership instead of playing in politics they might warrant listening to. Instead we have the desperate last gasps of being relevant. Nepotism seems to be rather common in the union ranks and more and more of the leadership comes from outside the fields they supposedly represent. All the crying I hear about corporations and their evils can also be echoed in union halls. And for the record I have belonged to a union that was a total waste of my dues money as they offered me no assistance in dealings with my former employer. But their reps all seemed to drive nice new cars

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

If you can live on a dollar a day, please let us know how. Freedom? Perhaps the freedom to starve. As for Unions, lets not forget Unions ARE A BUSINESS like any other. Sometimes quite noble, often not. At one time they were needed when exploitation was expected, not just tolerated. Child labor? Treating people like crap “because one can”? Thats garbage, and since I know capitalism works better then any other system at generating wealth for the greatest number of people, you can’t have a system where there are no rules. Unfortunately there are people who will screw anyone and everyone if they can get away with it. I’m about as pro free enterprise as you can get, but not in favor of NO regulations for safety, or allowing slave wages. Simplify the tax code (please!) and make it PAY, big time for people to hire people, not sit on trillions of $$ waiting for, what? More GOP tax breaks? I don’t think so.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It’s about time the Democrats have some one talking for them and with some 'Grape Fruits'
‘IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME‘

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Union thugs.

Why are they called thugs? Because they defend their own interests?

Aren't we all thugs then?

-------------------

it's great to see that people here are so willingly ready to call teachers, firefighters, policemen, veterans, etc. thugs.

Do any of you who are calling people in unions "thugs"...do you actually know anyone in them?

Would you call them a "thug" to their face?

They are called union thugs because unions have historically called out their members to go rough up and otherwise intimidate their political opponents instead of using the rule of law. What happened in Wisconsin this year was just the latest example.

Of course all union members don't do this - just like ALL tea party members are not racists. But just as many liberals have attempted to paint the tea party as "racist" because of the actions of a few, now we are able to paint the unions as thugs based on the actions of a few. Of course - to keep from being hypocritical - you agree with what I just said, right?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Answering trolls - especially "obamatrolls" deflection attempts is rather tedious and gains nothing because they (are often allowed to) operate outside the rules. Someone else can take over, but hopefully no one will.

The records of obama and his so-called progressive minions speak for themselves. Nitpicking and cherry-picking do not change the facts. The left has failed big time during this administration, and the previous 2 years when they also controlled congress. Failed to the point where the unions need to call out their thugs as part of a last ditch effort to save the obama presidency.

edit on 9/7/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Answering trolls - especially "obamatrolls" deflection attempts is rather tedious and gains nothing because they (are often allowed to) operate outside the rules. Someone else can take over, but hopefully no one will.

I know how much you hate it when facts and reality get in the way of your hate. Hey, can you take the time to write me another post about how you are not going to write me a post.

When Palin was talking about reloading you all jumped to her defense. Well here you are editing a quote to demonize someone else for the same thing. You would know he was clearly talking about voting if you had included the ENTIRE STATEMENT in context. That would not have been the thread you wanted though.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I know how much you hate it when facts and reality get in the way of your hate. Hey, can you take the time to write me another post about how you are not going to write me a post.

Again, what use do you have for facts?

The facts are that politicians - left and right - have used target metaphors in their campaigns since the country was founded (and no one ever thought they used them to incite violence).

The fact is that it only became an issue when the left tried to use the tragic Tucson shootings for political gain.

The fact is that at the Tucson memorial obama gave what IMO was his best speech saying we all needed to tone down the rhetoric - and I wrote a long thread praising obama for saying that - which received many positive comments from members and mods.

The facts are that as liberals grow more desperate, they have spared no chance to ratchet up the violent rhetoric again.

The facts are that after chastising Republicans, obama is silently and hypocritically looking the other way while his own party repeatedly advocates violence.

The facts are that many of obama's supporters here are guilty of doing the same thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The only fact that matters here is that you truncated a quote in order to make it sound like something completely different. Rant all you like about other things. That does not change the fact that this thread and the OP are complete distortion.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

The only fact that matters here is that you truncated a quote in order to make it sound like something completely different. Rant all you like about other things. That does not change the fact that this thread and the OP are complete distortion.

A syntax "fact" somehow matters more than the substance of the OP?

It is also a fact that obama supporters will (and are allowed to) resort to deflections such as this when they have nothing intellectual to add to a debate. Next will no doubt be the personal attacks ...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Another example of union thugs in action:

source

Police say union supporters have directed racial slurs and racist symbols at replacement workers and security personnel outside an American Crystal Sugar plant in North Dakota.

Traill County Sheriff Mike Crocker says there have been racial statements made to security people outside of the company's Hillsboro facility. He says he recently saw a monkey-like figure hanging from a noose attached to a large inflatable rat outside the plant.

They also said it was removed the next day, but how does that excuse having it there in the first place. A conservative would never get away with saying, "Oh well, we took it down later."

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
And yet another example of union thugs in action - this time in Seattle:

source

Shipping terminals in Seattle, Tacoma and Everett were idled as workers joined the protest in the town of Longview, where police said union members rushed into a contested loading area in the pre-dawn hours, cutting brake lines on a train full of grain, pushing a security vehicle into a ditch and dumping part of the grain cargo off the train.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join