It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Case for the West Memphis Three

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is the sickest injustice I have ever seen. Not only was the jury nealry all bible belt morons who knew nothing about anything in general concerning a court of law but the prosecution had next to nothing in the way of evidence. I repeat, NOTHING. This was solely the conviction of three boogeymen who ranked lowest on the wealth roster. This trial was nothing more than a witch hunt. The case against the three boys was shot down numerous times in a court of law and continued to deteriorate all throughout the hearings. But of course in this foolish inconsistent nation they were all three convicted and sent to prison for the rest of their lives as well as threatened with the death penalty. How can this happen in a nation where justice and truth are supposedly sought in every corner?? Location, location, location. THE BIBLE BELT. This is the land where inbred hicks run rampant and destroy all that which is not like them. You don't believe in jesus, YOU MUST DIE! Sounds alot like Nazi Germany to me. Well I don't believe in your fairy tales moth## fu##er's and I dare you to try me and mister AK-47. Anytime you're feelin' froggy.

If you want information about the west memphis three f###in' google it...
bye.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They were freed like two weeks ago.
You are aware right?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

It doesn't make it any better. How old are they now? What did their parents have to go through? What did they have to go through? Damiens child had to grow up without him all because the courts wanted someone to hang for it and damien and the others were perfect prospects. This is the reason people cannot trust any form of system anywhere in our world.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
the were freed on the condition that they all plead GUILTY thus freeing any civil lawsuits against Memphis court system and no new investigation to find the real killers or follow up on any new dna testing that would inevitably find the real killers of 3 young boy scouts. there are no winners here.oh yeah echols was convicted and sentenced to death where he spent 19 years

linky
edit on 8/29/2011 by toothpastert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by toothpastert

Completely sickening.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

Circumventing the swear words like that is still swearing

Yeah you're right it was a witch hunt. They needed to nail someone(s) for this asap because it was such a horrible tragedy. So they grabbed some innocent goth kids and exploited the backwoods mentality. They listened to Metallica therefore worshiped the Devil therefore obviously practice human sacrifice. That was more or less the entire case against the Memphis Three.

Except, and this can't be overlooked, a confession from one of the Memphis Three. Yes I understand that can be forced, and I absolutely think it was, but it is still technically good evidence.

You are aware of the most recent developments though right?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by toothpastert
the were freed on the condition that they all plead GUILTY thus freeing any civil lawsuits against Memphis court system and no new investigation to find the real killers or follow up on any new dna testing that would inevitably find the real killers of 3 young boy scouts.

If I remember reading correctly Echols is not pleading guilty.

Also I heard they found DNA evidence of that crazy step-father on a rope used to bind one of the victims. Know if that's accurate?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by underspace

the were freed on the condition that they all plead GUILTY thus freeing any civil lawsuits against Memphis court system and no new investigation to find the real killers or follow up on any new dna testing that would inevitably find the real killers of 3 young boy scouts.

If I remember reading correctly Echols is not pleading guilty.

Also I heard they found DNA evidence of that crazy step-father on a rope used to bind one of the victims. Know if that's accurate?

somewhat this is straight from the link i posted

Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin agreed to a legal maneuver that lets them maintain their innocence while acknowledging prosecutors likely have enough evidence to convict them. They were freed immediately after the plea.

I am innocent of these charges but I am entering an Alford guilty plea," Echols told the judge. Baldwin and Miskelley also reasserted their innocence. "Although I am innocent, this plea is in my best interest," Misskelley said

this is pretty ridiculous

Prosecutor Scott Ellington says that this plea brings this case to a resolution and prevents them from suing the state in a civil case. He also says that he believes that this case is closed and nobody else besides the three men are responsible for the murders. However, he says that they would have been likely acquitted.

from wiki

guilty plea in criminal court,where the defendant does not admit the act and asserts innocence.Under the Alford plea, the defendant admits that sufficient evidence exists with which the prosecution could likely convince a judge or jury to find the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8/29/2011 by toothpastert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
God this legal stuff is so convoluted I swear hah.

He also says that he believes that this case is closed and nobody else besides the three men are responsible for the murders. However, he says that they would have been likely acquitted.

So the prosecutor thinks they are absolutely guilty BUT they would LIKELY be acquitted? Too funny.

guilty plea in criminal court,where the defendant does not admit the act and asserts innocence.Under the Alford plea, the defendant admits that sufficient evidence exists with which the prosecution could likely convince a judge or jury to find the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thanks for the info on the Alford Plea, I was going to ask for more clarity on that

Even this is so obscure to me. The defendant asserts innocence but ALSO asserts the prosecution has enough evidence to find him/her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt??..

It's unfortunate, really unfortunate, if innocent (I believe they are) that they have to resort to such a plea...
edit on 29-8-2011 by underspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i think you have a very good OP you get right to the pointg and do it whith passion
But i have to say i think it makes more sence in the RANT forum.

The south will rise again
lol jk i always get a kick outa hearing thou nut jobs claim that

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Thanks I know it probably should have been in the rant section but ya know.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

wow, you really do not know anything about the case do you?

top topics

join