It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milkyway in the daytime?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Hmm, I was satisfied with my volcanic sunset theory until I saw these. This to me looks like a contrail which has spread out but it wouldn't be pink until during/ just after sunset?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by funbox
i noticed the pictures are a bit washed out

are these more akin to your observation?

correct orientation?

no the original orientation was correct

did you zoom in for this pic?

funBox

no I wasn't zooming in at all as I was trying to get as much of the sky in as possible..... That is also WAY brighter than the real life image, the pictures I posted are more or less exactly as I saw it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
reply to post by funbox

Hmm, I was satisfied with my volcanic sunset theory until I saw these. This to me looks like a contrail which has spread out but it wouldn't be pink until during/ just after sunset?

It was defiantly not a con-trail.... Those altered pics dont really bear much resemblance to what I saw

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
reply to post by funbox

It was defiantly not a con-trail.... Those altered pics dont really bear much resemblance to what I saw

I'll stick with volcanic sunset then

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I can defiantly see more of a resemblance to a volcanic sunset than to a con-trail which I'm 100% positive it wasn't

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Dont Panic !, but your pictures do look a little washed, it hard to gauge formyself as i was not there , contrast was all i was aiming for, sorry to have ruined your pics

funBox

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Versa

Dont Panic !, but your pictures do look a little washed, it hard to gauge formyself as i was not there , contrast was all i was aiming for, sorry to have ruined your pics

funBox

lol I didnt mean to imply you'd ruined them
The only problem was that they presented a much more intense image than the one I saw and that was a bit misleading because the pink wasnt that bright and the clouds looked white not pink

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Doubt it was an Aurora. I witnessed one during the evening after a solar storm in the 80's when I was 11.
Though it was approaching sunset, the sky was clear but way off to the north there were shimmering thick bands of greens.
I was in the midlands btw, between Manchester and Brum. Everyone was out in the street freaking out about it, my cousin started crying thinking it was Aliens coming.
I got the inside info on the possibility of it happening that afternoon by my science teacher so while it was awesome I wasn't surprised.

Looks like a high cloud catching the sunset to me. Looks damn cool though.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Weird, I saw a bunch of these clouds last night just as the sun was setting in the south east of England. It definitely wasn't the aurora and seemed fairly strange. At first I thought that it was due to the sun setting behind the clouds but quickly noticed the sun was in the opposite direction. Wish I'd taken a pic now, will look again tonight!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join