It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 words you need to stop misspelling.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by litterbaux

Yes thats KNOW excuse grammar nazi much?

Haha! I take it you didn't read the entire post?

Or you're using satire against me!
edit on 20-8-2011 by litterbaux because: Misspelled words, grammar and puncuation.

You dont care about grammar. Just wanted to throw "know" in their faces so you could fell superior.

Haha! What? Please clarify!

Are you saying I cleverly threw "know" in my OP that was purely satire denoting I "knew" what I was doing from the get go?

In that case, you're right!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
Its all good. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rain on you thread i just I think that it is pretty ridiculous the whole spelling thing especially the way people freak out over it on this board.

I mean at the end of the day as long as evrey sentencee us nowt mispellled annd lokking likee thiss thenm Is doo nots seee thee bigg deale. Youz getss mez?

Trowa

Nope. Did it take you longer to ruin the words to make a point, than it would have to say proof read it once and click send?

I've seen that around a lot. People must spend so much longer corrupting words on purpose, than it would to just type proper words. But thats beside the point.

Hey, if I can drive my car from point A to point B, doesn't, matter if I run red lights, cut corners, over take on bends, speed, run over children, as long as I get there. Youz getss mez?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Music and comedy will reunite us all.

The Deaf Cynics society will not stand for this!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by klenker

Yes I do get you, I also get the fact that I wasn't talking to you so .............. I also get that misspelling a word or two is drastically different than running over a child. So uh yeah feel free to try and make a smart a@@ retort to this post as well however if you couuld think of your own things to say back to me that would help you to be taken serious, I am bowing out of this thread.

Trowa

edit on 20/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Had to give you a star and thanks - especially because my biggest pet peeve in the world of spelling was the first example - loose and lose, loosing and losing, it drives me bananas - I'm not even sure why.

For those who posted without checking out the link - it really is hilarious.
edit on 8/20/2011 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
the real joke IMO is that many here on ATS for whom english is not their 1st language, i find that they're better spellers and have better grammar than quite a few americans

that said, hate typing [never got past 35wpm in high school [class of 85]] and am now a 2 finger typer, go figure.

also, this is the interwebz,

capitalization, while not strictly verboten, is generally frowned on.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Please read this posters link before commenting!

I may make a large poster out of it, and hang it up a work.
We employ people that write for a living, and they still have problems.

Spellcheckers and Google has made them, and myself lazy.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Good post.

BTW If I see that "marshal law" is going to be declared one more time, I might have to watch old episodes of Gunsmoke!

e.g. "Then marshal Dillon, by executive decree, began enforcing martial law."

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You need to learn how to spell buddy

edit on 21-8-2011 by GreenFurnNW because: fff

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They forgot two of the biggest misspelling crimes of today:
'could of' instead of 'could've' or 'could have. 'Could of been' doesn't exist (well it will, once the stupid emo teen crowd of today takes over the world with their horrible spelling and anime emoticons like ^^,

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
For those of you who have problems....download "tinyspell". It's free, and it gets the job done.
Tinyspell doesn't know really big words, but it catches the common ones, and typos.

OP, for example, it would have caught "definitely". Which you misspelled, I can't remember how.

tinyspell. Do yourself a favor and get it now.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

Good post.

BTW If I see that "marshal law" is going to be declared one more time, I might have to watch old episodes of Gunsmoke!

e.g. "Then marshal Dillon, by executive decree, began enforcing martial law."

I might have to swipe this from you the next time I see it. But Marshall Dillion would declare "Marshall Law".
lol.
edit on 8/21/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I usually only spell weather. I rarely spell whether. So that I got it wrong until only a while ago.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
STAR

FLAG

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdnutz44

Originally posted by i8miceb4

If you want to be taken seriously, your probably going to want to read this list alot of times. Your going to be surprised at how many people dont know the basics of the english's language. I took english in school a long time ago but i never make any of these crude mistakes.

Haha! Maybe english isn't there first language but thats know excuse! Im defanitly not a grammar nazi, I actually con Call me wierd.

Satire aside, enjoy!

Ten words you need to stop misspelling

Jeepers...4 spelling mistakes in your post...
*grabs the grammar hammer*

edit on 20-8-2011 by i8miceb4 because: (no reason given)

Actually, it is 7 mistakes if you are counting. Or it's satire, i.e. intended, if you read the entire post. Either way it's/it is good stuff!!

I was drunk when I posted my reply..i'm amazed I was actually able to find 4

<< 1   >>

join