It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This guy does amazing things on his bike!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This video is pretty awesome, this guy does some amazing things on his bike and the background music is pretty cool too!
current.com...

It is pretty cool how his bike just seems to be a natural extension of himself, and he moves so comfortably on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here's another one of his main vids.. He's a beast!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Freakin sick. I laughed at the part with the the wire in the first one. He actually had better balance on his bike that off.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

That was fun. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I doubt I'd ever be confident enough to ride that way in such an environment.

All that rust, uncertain terrain, things breaking left and right... Craziness.

DM is in a league of his own.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow and unbelievable. That was an amazing video. That has got to be a super light bike. Wish mine was that light. But those super-light bikes are pretty expensive.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
But those super-light bikes are pretty expensive.

Not as bad as you might think. They are obviously trials specific though.

You can also modify a small frame bike (14.5" say) to be a great compromise. Bash guard and you are pretty much good to go. If you expect to destroy the bike, you can get away with very cheap bikes, but it adds up depending on how aggressive you are. Specialized used to offer lifetime warranties on some of their frames, other companies might too. Some might need that.. Shinguards arent a bad idea either if you have.. "grippy" pedals (I used modified screws). You can tighten the brakes to be at lock with ~.5" of travel. The rest of the travel is used to really clamp down when doing stationary stuff. You can also gum the rims, though I wouldnt usually suggest it even for a trials specific bike.

You can practice the fundamentals of trials to improve your riding, no matter which kind you do or what bicycle you ride (even motorcycle riding). Hopping around on a bike in public will get looks though. Most cops are ok with it in my experience, maybe due to the obscurity of it (which apparently is changing).

The crashes from trials are actually pretty minimal, in comparison to say downhill. 90% of the time one would land on their feet. No one should let that stop them if they want to get into it, its a really great sport. One that should get much more coverage. I never received a significant injury from trials. The important part is, you can do it with any bike and anywhere! Even indoors (trackstands at least)!

If you ride a bike at all, your overall riding skills will be vastly improved by even just doing trackstands, much less learning trials overall. Hopefully we will see trials continue to grow, that is a very good thing.

Do it while you can, you might not always be able to

top topics

join