It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the US Crushed Youth Resistance: 8 Reasons Young Americans Don't Fight Back!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

The system, TPTB, the global food elitists, the NWO and on and on.

You don't even know if that stuff is real. It could all be in your head.

Where are the demonstrations for ending our troops wars like there was during Vietnam?

Well when people did protest against the wars, they were called all types of things by your kind -- unpatriotic, Muslim apologist, terrorist, etc. I guess people just gave up. Besides how many Americans had to die before you hippies got something accomplished?

Where is the outrage at our freedoms being stripped from us?

What freedoms? Be more specific.

You would be hard pressed to find a young adult acutely aware of what is happening to them right under their noses.

How many young adults do you talk to daily?

If they put that energy to good use fighting TPTB, I think we would have a greater chance at effecting real change within our government and our society.

LOL! No.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
website is "currently unavailable"?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Either you are a disinfo agent, or clueless. If you have participated on this board for as long as your account says, then you very well know what the subject of the post is.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Very weird. I was reading all kinds of stuff on there before lunch.
Kind of odd that it goes down after a couple of stories are linked here.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

My generation was the first to really see the infiltration of this.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

It's not that we wouldn't do anything, it's that the masses were so enthralled by new technology that they never really saw what it was doing to them.

You're just making stuff up.

Social engineering worked very well on the middle class. It made them sort of techno zombies.

Why not ban all technology? You keep ragging on technology, throw your computer away then. No one is forcing anyone to be a ``techno zombie``. Do you consider yourself middle class? If so how much would a rich person have to pay you to abandon the Internet?

Combine that with a lifelong debt and they were afraid of doing anything that threatened their comfy little suburban homes.

I guess you would you prefer to see everyone living in not-so-comfy huts.

They are too old to do more than just vote, and the ones who should be taking the torch are too busy playing WoW or UT. I think revolutions skip generations, and mine was skipped.

You don't know what people my age are doing, making sweeping generalizations like that won't get you anywhere.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wish you old people would stop sounding like....old people. We are actually doing things. We have been participating in protests for various causes, unlike some who scream "Wake up man!" while posting links on the internet. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

You sound like a bunch of Luddites and technophobes. I guess our generation has to come save America from what the previous ones did (or didn't do).

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am a 'youngster' I guess, at 27. Yet I dont feel any need to 'fight' or 'rebel' against the goverment or all those scary organizations and agenda's people tell us about here; Yes I, believe some people are out there to profit from people who are less well off but I have more problems finding some happiness with my own personal issues(Which cost a lot more energy than reading about the Space and Exploration threads and national politcs and social issues) and trying to stay in touch and help the people who I like and love.

Not everyone - like the person above me said - is a 'sheep' just because they don't follow your way. I like my Astronomy and tinkering just as much as my gaming and shopping with the girls

Maybe a little bit too much ATS can turn you in to that other extreme aswell?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Some of the fights have already been fought. School days were already very different for my 10-year younger brother. Of course we're both "old" now. When I started high school in the mid 60's we were plagued with dress codes and such. Hair length was a big issue to the school administrators. Letting part of your shirt tail fall out could have you running laps during your lunch break, and so on. Eventually the school admin got tired of suspending us for hair violations.

My little brother commented to me while he was in high school that the 60's was all about protests for protest sake, laziness, and non-productivity. I looked at him, yanked on his hair and he got annoyed. Then asked, "Didn't like that? What would you do if your PE coach or any of your teachers tugged on your hair and told you to get it cut? If they told you to tuck in your shirt tail and report tomorrow at lunch to run laps for the period?" His answer was he'd tell them to screw-off then walk away. "Exactly," I said. "We did that, repeatedly, paid the consequences, and now you don't have to."

That's a petty example but one for kids my age to have had to fight. In my opinion the US was becoming more and more regimented, law enforcement more overbearing. I did what I had to do and moved on where I feel I once again have more personal liberty. If folks are content with the way thing are, and I'm sure they are not the same in every little berg across the land, then so be it, there is nothing to protest then. I felt I was one of the only ones dissatisfied with how things had become. I didn't stick around to go against the grain, I just left the country. That's what many said, if you don't like the way things are then get out. So I did. No protest.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes, that sounds like good advice

It's something I am thinking of regarding my living situation: I dont really like those people and I feel uncomfortable and unsecure around then. But I am not going into fights with them: If I am annoyed with it I'll eventually just leave, those people can't empathise with what I feel, let alone change it, so why should I demand things till eternity?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
School is a joke. Or at least it was back when I was going. I'm sure it's probably worse today.

It's not a place to learn, it's a place to feed teacher's egos, get children used to being chit on all the time, getting used to being powerless, useless memorization, and not questioning authority.

They don't provide a good environment for learning. I'm sorry, a cold white room with uncomfortable desk-chair units, not being allowed to socialize and converse with your peers, and listening to some old, out of touch idiot blather on about whatever a book tells him to do that day isn't a place of learning.

School should stimulate your desire for knowledge. Instead school stimulates your desire to GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE.

Why do you have assigned reading? Why make a child read a book he couldn't care less about? He will begin to hate reading. How about you let the students choose their own books to read?

How about instead of making children sit in silence for 30 minutes while they read a mind-numbingly boring "history" book, the teacher engages the students in a lively discussion about certain historical events and periods of time?

Why waste a child's time learning advanced math, chemistry, etc if they aren't interested in such things, and aren't going to go into a career where they will ever need this information?

One sized fits all education doesn't work. If they haven't noticed, people all go on to lead vastly different lives, with different interests, hobbies, jobs, etc. Giving them all the same education is like feeding a baby the same thing you would feed a fish.

Schools need to recognize the world we live in. They need to teach job search skills, resume writing skills, interviewing skills. How to grow a garden, how to cook. How to shop smart, buying healthy food for a low price. Basic medical care and first aid. They need to bring back trades, not everyone is going to become a hedge fund manager or a CEO. In fact MOST of them won't. Allow them to learn a trade. Plumber, electrician, auto mechanic, construction worker, etc.

School is just next to useless these days. I mean, obviously children need to learn how to read, write, speak, do basic maths, and definitely need to learn US and world history.

But past that, kids need a more wholesome education. I realize parents have a responsibility to their children, and should also be teachers. But if you are going to send a kid somewhere for 7 hours a day, 10 months out of the year until they are 17/18 years old, that gives you a HUGE opportunity to teach children a lot of things.

But no, kids come out of school with no idea on how to write a resume, conduct yourself well in an interview, find a job, grow your own food, shop smart, manage your money, fix a car, do odd repairs around the house, clean and stitch up a wound, catch a fish, they have a severe lack of knowledge about how politics works, about the history of our country, about the history of the planet.

But they do know how to do long division, the know how many electrons are in a certain element, what a covalent bond is, very specific dates about a few pretty unimportant historical event while being totally ignorant of the overall picture of our history as a country and as a species, they did dissect a cow's eyeball and a preserved frog, and they did listen to a lecture about how evil drugs are, and about how evil sex is.

Yeah, we got our priorities straight when it comes to how to school children.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Please use the search function before you post content. Good pertinent article, for sure.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join