It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choice already chosen.....??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hello ats...

You ever post a thread and right away someone responds "This has been posted before."...well not exactly. You know how boring it would be if in our life there was only one news outlet. I myself like variety, the same variety of news we have today. You don't like CNN you pick Fox and if youre intelegent enough, and you know both are bad you pick an alternet source of news.

So what is wrong with someone putting there own spin on a topic or news story. I like to see many view points expressed. Everyone has there favorite news source. So why not examine another view point to see if you get new ideas on a topic.

When a major news story breaks I choose more than one outlet for my news to get the whole story. It seems like broadcasters only give you a piece of the story so you go to a different outlet to get the rest of the puzzle.
I especially find a major difference between American and Canadian news broadcasts.

For me Its about the freedom of expression and the freedom of choice. Some people like a good story and some people are not good story tellers. So the freedom of choice should be there for you to choose the best source for you. Your opinion on who tells the story best and your choice to choose the story teller.

ATS is a big place and its not always easy to find duplicate threads and the different combinations of search phrases to use to find it, and then searching through 10's or 100's of pages to find if someone else has written the story. So next time maybe instead of typing thread already posted you might stop and think I'm glad there is freedom of choice and expression for me to choose. Free speech for all. Thank you ATS members for making me feel like the family even with the sibling rivalry.

Take care all !!

edit on 2-8-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

This has been posted before (please use the search function).

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
We should feel lucky to have the free choices we do have in life.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
reply to post by enament

This has been posted before (please use the search function).

Maybe it has I didn't look. choose a choice.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

No - my silly humour. I agree with you as I read all different posts on the same subject. I like to cross check and compare notes between the similar posts. It is good to get more than one perspective agreed.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Its just like the teachers you prefer the story teller or the mono toned teacher.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Some people sure put the anus in entertain us. I like the large variety of story tellers here on ATS there is some really witty writing in this place.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
weather a thread is removed or not really depends on the direction the thread takes or if it has a different point to make on the article. ask any mod ... if you have something new or fresh to add to the topic and it would be slightly off topic in the prior thread then the new thread often is allowed to stand.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think so long as it isn't on the main page you're all good. People expect you to search for stuff, well that's stupid.

But anyways I think if the last topic is so far back a normal human can't find it by using their eyes on the homepage (not search) then it's fine to post.

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
weather a thread is removed or not really depends on the direction the thread takes or if it has a different point to make on the article. ask any mod ... if you have something new or fresh to add to the topic and it would be slightly off topic in the prior thread then the new thread often is allowed to stand.

Well thats not exactly true if many threads appear and they revolve around the same topic the Mods have to choose which one to eliminate. There by reducing your over all choice of expression and the right to choose which story. I don't disagree with you at all but had my own spin to add.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

There by reducing your over all choice of expression and the right to choose which story. I don't disagree with you at all by had my own spin to add.

They're reducing clutter. We don't need 9 topics regarding ufos seen in canada. Only 1

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
I think so long as it isn't on the main page you're all good. People expect you to search for stuff, well that's stupid.

But anyways I think if the last topic is so far back a normal human can't find it by using their eyes on the homepage (not search) then it's fine to post.

My 2 cents.

The ATS search is like climbing a Mount Everest of data will you reach the peak.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

go to the Japan forum... there are many examples of my point, however a flood of say ANON threads or some other hot news story i can agree they get thinned by the mods, but there is no one stopping anyone from posting their opinions or ideas in the prior thread. so the persons personal ideas/opinions still do get expressed.

too many threads on a single news item really dose any single topic a disservice. it detracts from a lively debate...which thread do i post in??...some of the threads will get a lot of traffic and others nil so instead of posting duplicate threads, everyone should post an op ed piece that they wrote instead of one they cut and pasted. remember originality gets you points.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

You get more points for originality?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

if you can come at a common topic from a new, fresh angle that hasn't been covered yet, then yes you do. More people visit your thread, more S + F, and more good conversation.

however i do not disagree with your prior statement at all.
edit on 2-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join