It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stryker- the future?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well money is not a problem as long as it works well. But I do think the Striker needs major upgrades so it can be fixed.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
SPRINGFIELD, Va. -- The Army's newest combat vehicle, the Stryker, is already being redesigned because of soldiers' complaints about its safety and performance, military officials said.

www.theolympian.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well money is not a problem as long as it works well. But I do think the Striker needs major upgrades so it can be fixed.

money is a major issue... look at the funding problems all of the various branches are having right now

Cuts, cuts and more cuts

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius

money is a major issue... look at the funding problems all of the various branches are having right now

Cuts, cuts and more cuts

couldn't agree more.

Money should be a top priority, the government should not increase our defense spending if the military cant keep on budget, they need you have some sort of punishment for them. The companies building the jets, helos, tanks, whatever, need to get there act together, if they say it will they can make 150 jets over 5 years at a cost of 20 billion, then they should live up to there promises and do what they say. I dont think they have ever gone under budget. The company needs to ride there workers harder and appreciate them more, and that will have them work faster and better, which will put the project on time and on budget.

WestPoint - I hope you dont run for anything political, because its that attitude why are deficit is constantly rising.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
DOD budget is still close to 450B is that cuts to you? And how can you put money before performance and survivability or our ability to keep our military strong?
We wouldn't have a defect if they just raise the taxes, I don't mind paying extra taxes if it means our armed forces get what they want. People in the U.S. these days don't care about anything else then paying a couple of freaking cents less when they purchase something.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just more money spent on war. If countries didn't spend money on war products, perhaps there wouldn't be wars. But they keep doing it, keep pushing the envelope. Why? You already have nukes. You have bombs, you have missles, you have fighter jets, you have tanks. What else do you really need in case there is a war.

Just a waste of money all around.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well we need to upgrade and maintain what we have you cant just built one tank or system and not change it. As weapons keep getting more advice we need to build new systems and upgrade current ones.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

DOD budget is still close to 450B is that cuts to you? And how can you put money before performance and survivability or our ability to keep our military strong?
We wouldn't have a defect if they just raise the taxes, I don't mind paying extra taxes if it means our armed forces get what they want. People in the U.S. these days don't care about anything else then paying a couple of freaking cents less when they purchase something.

No, it doesn't look like cuts to me...thats the problem. I'm not rich, so money is a problem, and the solution isn't always "just raise the taxes".

I support our military, and I know it needs a lot of money to stay on top...thats not what i'm argueing about.
I'm argueing about how sneaky/unjust our military is, Example: The AF, and how a month or so ago took money out of there maintainence budget to buy a dozen more predators, and how the Army spends all there allotted money for the year, and one thing they didn't include was bulletproof vests for the troops in Iraq...So what did they do, they asked congress for millions more so the troops in Iraq can have bulletproof vests...well, of course, congress cant say No to that (because if they didn the blame of the dead soldiers would be on their hands later), so what happened...congress passed it and they got their vests and it costs us millions more just because they didn't put it in there FY05 budget request in the first place, like they should have.

and virtually everything falls behind schedule and goes over budget, which means we get the product later then planned, which means you have to keep your current product operational for that much longer, and since the new product goes overbudget, they get fewer of them or none at all.
heres some current examples:
Comanche/Crusader/F-22/F-35/FCS.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I'm just saying that the military did some of those things because the budget they had to work with was not big enough or lack of management problems, like the Predator situation. I'm just saying that instead of beget cuts that would only make the situation worse we should keep it at current level or increase it, but that won't solve the problem, I too think better management is needed.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
the.honoluluadvertiser.com...

upgrades are goin on pretty much now

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join