It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, Whose Your Daddy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is an easy break down look at who owns the American debt, plus how much.

Also how much under who in the last 30 years.

When seen in easy to read graph form it just blows the mind.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62e48e9545dc.jpg[/atsimg]

Due to T&C of ATS I cannot provide link because of advertising of a sexual nature on that site.

If you require link U2 me & I will provide it;.

Japanese left pondering the enduring hostility of some Americans to their nation could be forgiven for wondering why it is they have leant them almost a trillion dollars to help fund their record 14 trillion dollar public debt – and what the even more unpopular Chinese think about their massive loan to the states is anyone’s guess.

Who, aside from Americans themselves (who finance about 40% of their government’s debt), lends the US government the cash (figures in billions):

China: $1,152.5

Japan: $906.9

United Kingdom: $333.0

Oil exporters: $221.5

Brazil: $206.9

Taiwan: $154.5

Caribbean banks: $138.1

Russia: $125.4

Hong Kong: $122.4

Switzerland: $112.4

Canada: $87.7

Luxembourg: $78.4

Germany: $61.3

Thailand: $60.7

Singapore: $60.3

Other: $657.2

Of course, all this also means the likes of China and Japan can hardly afford to be smug about the USA’s economic woes, let alone upset them – not if they ever want to see their trillion dollar loans repaid, at any rate.

Much more of the breakdown of the US debt for those interested.
innovation.cq.com...

edit on 27-7-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Handy link. It illustrates clearly who are the US creditors. Its only 30% which is owned by foreign countries. I think the crisis is more of a political nature than an economic one for Americans. Managing your economy by having public slanging matches does not help.

Ideally Americans should be given the opportunity to have some kind of referendum or have an election of president, senate and congress. They really need to talk about this problem rationally and your link is good because it provides some useful basic objective information.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Great Post Title!!! and Link...follow the money is a good start.
2nd line

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Surely there are more comments, people in America really should know who the government is pimping their bitches (American taxpayer) out to.

new topics

top topics

join