It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox deals with Anti-war protesters!

page: 1

join
share:
AF1

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Fox Fire

When antiwar demonstrators gathered outside the Fox News building in Manhattan, the network's outdoor news zipper replaced its headlines with taunts:

"War protester auditions here today. . . . Thanks for coming!" And: "How do you keep a war protester in suspense? Ignore them." And: "Attention protesters: The Michael Moore Fan Club meets Thursday at a phone booth at Sixth Avenue and 50th Street."

Unfair and unbalanced? "I thought I'd have some fun with it," says Fox zipper-writer Marvin Himelfarb, a former Hollywood screenwriter. "I couldn't resist."

[Edited on 4-1-2003 by AF1]

moe

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
oooooooooh, how american to do. ignore the other people that have an opinion on a subject like that. oh well Id watch moor any day than the god awful fox "news".

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
americans have the right to live their lives normally, do their jobs and not pay attention to whoever they choose, even those with such a "noble" cause and as much apparent free time as antiwar protestors.. i'm all for peaceably protesting, but i lost all respect for protestors when those douchebags here in chicago just marched into the middle of lake shore drive and shut it down completely for hours during rush hour when people were coming home and then justified it by saying well at least you're not getting bombs dropped on you. ooh ok, last time i checked we weren't a terror regime. so we won't let terrorists stop our way of life but if antiwar protestors do it they are justified? give me a break

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Fox news is the only TV news that presents both sides (Liberal & Conservative) of the story.

People are so used to getting their news from liberal outlets like CNN (Clinton News Network) that it's hard for them to listen to both sides of a story.

Personally, I think FOX news is the biggest thing to happen to TV news in a long time. It might be why over 70% of people watching cable news are watching FOX.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Fox =

CNN =

( Clinton News Network ) ha ha ha ha.....Never heard that one.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am amazed at how people in my country are uable to tell what is "left wing" and "right wing." The terms are used with such abandon to label people they have no meaning. I have yet to hear CNN call for the overthrow of the government and the complete redistribution of all monies to the poor. Have I just missed the big headline or something? The far left calls for just these sorts of things, just as the far right calls for allowing the poor to die in the gutter. I find it odd that someone who "dare" question the motives of intelligence of a government policy or thinks that tax breaks should be smaller is called a "leftist." Gimmie a break, last I checked that would be considered more of a moderate view point.

When is the last time you saw a story on FoxNews that was not just the regurgiatating the party line. CNN actually had an interview with the Damascus editor of Newsweek who said that in his opinion the war has been botched by the Administration. Now how about that, a DIFFERENT opinion than the garbage we are usually fed! And this coming from an editor of a magazine that is not exactly a bastion of liberal ideals.

new topics

top topics

join