It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tipping the Scale: When Will You Say Enough is Enough?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
There MUST come a point where the scale must tip in terms of how far we allow those in control allow to control us before there is a mass reaction. Just what is the tipping point for members of ATS and is there even a tipping point?

What would be that point for you?

I think that this is a most important question because this basically suggest that there IS a turning point. A point where people decide that enough is enough. What MUST happen in order for YOU to say "I'm not going to take this anymore!".

The reason why I ask this question can be boiled down to the the frog and boiling water.

The boiling frog story is a widespread anecdote describing a frog slowly being boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability of people to react to significant changes that occur gradually

Although this may perhaps be a factious analogy does not mean that the analogy does not hold water and apply to the situation that most all of us find ourselves in.

Besides what is needed by all to survive, I can say that as soon as medical, and food supplies dwindle to the point where it negatively effects myself and my family I will stand up against those who suppress us.

I gather that we all have a reason why we would stand up against those who neglect to provide us that which we need to survive .... especially if we have been paying for that need by other venues. Many can provide a basic service to society and expect basic services in return because of rendered services ... however the future may not be so equal and forgiving.

What is to come? And if you are to be denied basic human rights that you've paid for all your life .... what will you do and when will you know when to take action?

(This post is both theoretical and practical)

I look forward to members answers and why or why not an individual is either due or in debt to the system and if there is even such a system.

These question are of the utmost importance due to what is coming down the line in regards to politics, economy, and war.

Peace and Respect,

-AS-
edit on 13-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The tipping point for me would be if I lost my home yet again, (it's paid off but it's a trailer and we have not gotten our up to date registration yet), and the lot rent is overdue, but that is not the tipping point for me, the tipping point is if I were to lose my home and then the state removed my kids like they did to a couple of families I have read about here at ATS, that would be it, the first mfers to be taken out would be those at CPS, then I would go up to Washington. That would be it for me, I would lose it, plea insanity and would be right in pleaing insanity!!!!
edit on 13-7-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling grrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
The tipping point for me would be if I lost my home yet again, (it's paid off but it's a trailer and we have not gotten our up to date registration yet), and the lot rent is overdue, but that is not the tipping point for me, the tipping point is if I were to lose my home and then the state removed my kids like they did to a couple of families I have read about here at ATS, that would be it, the first mfers to be taken out would be those at CPS, then I would go up to Washington. That would be it for me, I would lose it, plea insanity and would be right in pleaing insanity!!!!

Wow! ... thanks for your input ldyserenity. I can respect everything you say and I would do what would be needed to be done if I were to be put in you hypothetical shoes!

-AS-

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Wow! ... thanks for your input ldyserenity. I can respect everything you say and I would do what would be needed to be done if I were to be put in you hypothetical shoes!

-AS-

The only problem is the media will portray the entire thing in a local light and no one will back you up as they do still run the communication aspect of things, what information they want us to hear, not to mention the demonization of your character and family.. Strength in numbers against these crooks folks.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

While I would like to believe there is enough passion in Americans to at some point challenge the authority and pursue Liberty, I just don't know if we can break the spell of apathy on 300 million 'zombies'.

America is the strong arm of the bankers. We are one of the most uneducated nations on the planet. Our education system gets worse by the day. TPTB do not want Americans to be smart, as this would result in questions and of course more passionate patriots.

Instead, they supply us with fast food stores on every corner, the latest and greatest in technology, and of course distract us with Jersey Shore, American Idol and of course court cases that many people can't break away from. (Casey Anthony?) Any form of distraction, while they pass their new and oppressing laws and continue to bomb country after country.

We are on the bottom of the food chain. We continue to work, pay our taxes to pay back interest loaned to our wonderful government. We continue working, watching tv and getting fatter. They continue their agenda. It's a well oiled machine. Which brings me back to the first point - We are dumb for a reason. We are apathetic intentionally. I just don't know if Americans will ever "have enough..."

For me, I had enough long ago. I've written my Senators, Congressman, spoke with other officials and written countless blogs. Perhaps I have enlightened a few. The politicians in Washington D.C. are of course NOT among those. They simply laugh away my request to slap down the Patriot Act, repeal the Military Commission Act and the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act. They laughed when I demanded they vote against the bailouts. They aren't concerned with any of us.

...but what can one man do? So I focus on friends and family. An increasingly difficult task since the government has worked so hard to 'educate' them and teach that to think poorly of your government is UNAmerican. I have managed to get through after years of trying. But the odds are still against me. Still against many of us.

I'm waiting anxiously to see if this debt crisis will wake anyone up. Will it bring about change? I don't know.

On a side note, I hope this thread doesn't get shut down. I've noticed some MODS being very quick to slap on the "Do NOT discuss illegal activities" label. I too am interested in hearing the thoughts of the People.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Most people will stay sitting on their butts until they are personally negatively impacted. Then they will holler at anyone who will listen. Then they will realise that on their own they have no Voice. Until then they will continue to look the other way.

I don't think we should reserve our Voice for only Political uses. Instead I think each of us has a right to Voice what they see going on around them at any time.. whether that's disrespective youth, bad language use in public, law breaking, etc. All are worthy of our Voice and all are part of the excrement humanity is finding itself drowning in today.

Change starts at Home. Then you find others who are starting to think the same way. With those small numbers more feel safe to join with you. Once enough people have joined then they have the power to create the very necessary Changes. Until then, nothing much will change for the population.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I don't like people messing with my family. I made my children fight when they were picked on only because well, I can't assault a child but my child can if they're being accosted! But that's one thing if my family was taken from me or if their life was threatened then mama bear would bare her teeth for sure!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The tipping point for what. To start crying or yelling. To take a gun and start shooting?

What are you talking about when you say the tipping point?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

True but I can't honestly say that I wouldn't go temporarily insane if something like that were to happen, my point was that tipping point from sanity to insanity. It may not got much done for the rest of civilization here, but I honestly know myself and know that is the last thing I will be thinking about if that were to happen to me.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by AeonStorm

-AS-

The only problem is the media will portray the entire thing in a local light and no one will back you up as they do still run the communication aspect of things, what information they want us to hear, not to mention the demonetization of your character and family.. Strength in numbers against these crooked folks

I do not necessarily disagree with you however just as you said ... straight in numbers right? I've experienced first hand media spin and if there are any stories on ATS regards to that particular experience I would let that person know of the false story they were being fed .....

BTW if ANYONE was present during the demolition of the 'old hospital" in Calgary ... let me know because I have First-Hand-Experience of that event!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
The tipping point for what. To start crying or yelling. To take a gun and start shooting?

What are you talking about when you say the tipping point?

At what point are you wiling to fight for your self and your family? Psychical or otherwise?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I'm starting to have the ideas that many are not willng to answer this question either because many to not know the answer or that those who have an answer are not willing to share it!
edit on 13-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: typo

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Tipping point.

3% Have to stand up and fight.
10% Have to actively back them.
20% More must actively favor their cause.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Its a pity so many feel that they will only act once the damage is done and when it affects them personally.

What about the wisdom of acting before the damage is done because you can see the writing on the wall, or because you can't accept seeing the suffering of others and do nothing.

I wish we could stop thinking in terms of how bad will we let it get before we act, as if that was a reasonable stance.

We should at least recognize its crazy and irresponsible and selfish to do so. That recognition might at least make us willing to stand up for whats right a little sooner.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

I really believe that this is conditioning by programming.... that or it is built in to our genes. I would believe the former rather then that latter though.

-AS-

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My tipping point is when the time comes. The time will come, and the time will come soon, but the right moment is critical.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My tipping point is the famine in the Horn of Africa - asking for donations? - why don't you get the Somali Pirates to donate? They have been busy shooting and looting so - cough up! Not me. I have hit my limit for donations - no more! Suck wind.

top topics

join