It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Gravel Pushes for a Citizens' 9-11 Commission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Mods, this is my first thread. This seemed like the appropriate place to put it; if I'm wrong, move it, please.

An Actionable Plan for 9/11 Truth and Justice

By Senator Mike Gravel
Founder and Chair, 9-11cc.org

As each anniversary of 9/11 rolls by, the import of this tragedy looms ever larger in our history. Especially looming like storm clouds on the horizon of American politics are the unanswered questions about these events. And as new evidence and new whistleblowers come forward seemingly every week, the import of the 9/11 truth movement multiplies in historic significance. All of this points to the urgent need for a new, independent investigation with subpoena and other grand jury powers—a citizen’s commission that is truly free of partisan political interference and empowered to bring the perpetrators to justice.

As we approach 9/11’s tenth anniversary, we are reminded—each time we pick up a newspaper—that the government’s “official 9/11 story” resulted in three interminable wars: Afghanistan, Iraq, and the War on Terror. The official line also conveniently set the stage for the Patriot Act that abridged so many of our liberties and civil rights, plus a long list of other abuses such as egregious torture of “terror suspects” in the name of national security. Our dilemma ten years later reminds me of a prescient statement by James Madison: “If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”

The U.S. government’s investigations that culminated in the 911 Commission Report purported to set the record straight about the perpetrators of terrorism on our soil and the mistakes made by those whose sacred task is to defend our shores. But this 2004 report has since been called into question by a very long list of credible voices, not only within the United States, but throughout the world. Even the co-chair of the Commission,

Governor Thomas Kean, admitted failure: “We think the Commission, in many ways, was set up to fail. Because we had not enough money, we didn’t have enough time, and we [were] appointed by the most partisan people in Washington.”

Thousands of civic volunteers calling themselves the 9/11 truth movement have gone on to parse the events of that fateful day, offering scientific and rational arguments for why the government’s official account is inaccurate, incomplete, implausible, and in fact constitutes a flimsy conspiracy theory. This body of new evidence and argumentation, combined with the refusal of our political leaders to even countenance a new investigation—along with the systematic marginalization of 9/11 truthers by mainstream media—adds to our suspicions that something profound is amiss.

9-11cc.org...

Video interview of Gravel, explaining his idea and revealing how determined he is to bring this to fruition
www.youtube.com...
---------------------------------------
I think this is an excellent idea and may finally lead to answers. Gavel accuses no one; he, like many others, just thinks there are too many unanswered questions and that we deserve to know what really happened. One good thing is that anybody WORLD-WIDE can contribute to this cause. They have already raised about $4400!!
This will be a citizens' commission, not a governmental commission!! Further information can be found at the 9-11cc.org link...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They should choose me to head up that citizens' commission. I'll weed out those bastards right quick and every last one of them will be justly punished for high treason and mass murder.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
As long as any new commission has Iran's supports it also has mine. Considering the conflicts of interest going on and how the last commission was a big failure, independence is going to be vital in getting to the bottom of the problems.
edit on 3-7-2011 by kwakakev because: added 's

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Having a real 9/11commission, finnally after all these years will be great. However if all the American people knew the truth it would most likely cause a real revolution. The kind that America might not survive. Here is a good video and channel below that proves 9/11 was a inside job.

www.youtube.com... 9/11 channel
edit on 3-7-2011 by Eschat because: edit

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Eschat

I have been quite surprised by the level of restraint the American public has shown in the face of all it has had to put up with. Tempers, anger and disillusion will be raging when the public is confronted with the reality, but as long as the systems to resolve this conflict are under way and progress is being made to resolve it I do expect an overall good level of behaviour. A revolution within the political process is very likely and I can see this being done in a civil manner. Getting a commission started that is for real is the hard part.

I see the biggest risk is within the military as they do play by a different set of rules there. With all the high treason going on and complex relationships of the Military Industrial Complex there maybe a stand to try and deflect the investigations getting too deep and / or a house cleaning session. It is hard to say unless you are in the system but if things are going to get messy, this is where I expect most of it will be.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Good luck with that. 3 years and so far they haven't much progress. And given how NYCCAN'T was slammed down for trying for the exact same thing, I can't see this progressing much further than them.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
People forget, that's why it is necessary to remember the victims. Remember the anger, and this time focus it upon those who deserve it.

join