It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for the next greatest Fantasy film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Im looking for people to collaborate with on a screenplay, to develop the worlds greatest FANTASY FLICK. My all time favorite is the LotR series and yet I want to trump that, so let me know if your interested.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I wish you luck with your venture, but I cant write to save myself. What I would like to see is a decent Dragonlance movie with a LOTR type budget.

That low budget cartoon was utter rubbish, even for a die hard fan like myself.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
How about an epic tail about a crew of 5 that has to travel to stop a blob from killing thier planet. It turns out that the 'Blob" is a blood clot and the crew are parasites in a animal type host. The crew fights off viruses and germs and sh!te like that.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Game of Thrones on HBO - 'nuff said

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Drizzt the dark elf. He is my favorite make believe hero of all time. He would kick Gandalfs ass.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Great suggestions from everyone thanks.
Dragonlance and Drizzt movies would both be awesome.
And the LOTR movie budget wasn't a whole lot, I think like 300,000 per movie, but since he made it in New Zealand It was like he had more money because production cost are low over there

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
omg wheel of time series nuff said

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I love to write fantasy/sci-fi short stories, so I would love to help if you need someone to bump ideas with.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by leemann123

Thanks just send me a U2U and whatever we use we will both get writing credit for

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I love really love David Eddings books. the series that stands out for me is THE ELENIUM & THE TAMULI

great great writing. superb characters, i mean the got trolls,knights, magick, enchanted gems, holy war,vampire, werewolves, orges,so many gods. i would love to see this in a movie

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xXR34P3RXx

can't write a thank you note never mind a screenplay,would be happy to be a sounding board for you to bounce ideas of.
I think the magician by Feist would be a belter.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I think I have finally decided on developing the first three dragonlance books, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Winter Night, and Spring Dawning. My goal is to keep them as close to the originals as possible. This is one of the biggest undertakings in the world seeing as almost everybody has heard of Dragonlance. So I implore that if oyu love writing, and yearn to see this film, help me out. I want people to remember this film in the Annals of Cinema History.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'd have to agree that a good adaptation of Dragonlance stories could be pretty epic.

Thing is though, Lord of the Rings had millions and millions behind it. Professional model makers, costumers, CGI artists, cinematographers, a few known actors, etc.

You may want to start out a little bit smaller in scope. Do you think Peter Jackson skipped right to making something like LOTR? No...some of his early stuff could make you shudder, hehe....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The first three Dragonlance novels would be great - seeing Kit stab Sturm (remember being so pissed when I read that...lol)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Crystal Shade novel series.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Don't forget you have to purchase the rights to this series. If no one has already done it that is.

top topics

join