It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In appreciation of the women in your life: moms, wives, sisters, girlfriends, friends.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just read this wonderful thread by stina www.abovetopsecret.com... and before that another by a misogynistic moron here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I got thinking:

From a man's point of view, what women in your life make you grateful that they are or have been a part of your life?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
First my mother: she kept me out of the grave and out of reform school, lol, not an easy trick.
My earliest memory of mom is her chasing a would-be burglar across the front with a Browning shotgun, pausing ever so many feet to cuss at him and fire off another shell, lmao - I kid you NOT!

My sisters, all six of them. It could be hell being the youngest and male and pretty much house bound a lot. Their periods all got synchronized as women do when living in the same house. I felt like a rabbit in a wolf den for 5 days a month, but each one would have killed to keep me safe as a little kid. As I got older and healthier, a lot of ex-husbands and ex-boyfriends found out I felt the same way about my sisters.

My ex-wife. I have never to this day met a kinder, more gentle or more caring woman. Beauty and empathy for all creatures great and small dripped from her fingertips as you or I might breathe. Never marry a very special friend; you run the risk of losing that friendship. I am thankful I didn't lose my friend even when the marriage didn't work out; too much time away on deployments. Talk to her all the time, love her always. I'd die to save her and she would do the same for me. I'm lucky.

Other very special women, most of whom I have worked with, who discovered it was a lot harder to embarrass me as a guy due to my familiarity with the fairer sex. Lots of laughs and good times with so many women I've worked with. You don't forget your real buds.

My Ladylove. She's last on this list because it's hardest to describe her. She opens her eyes and it is literally like the sun coming up after a dark night. Words really fail sometimes. Kind and gentle. Like me, she'll rescue those little jumping spiders most are afraid of and put them out of harm's way, or a stray moth. We've tore the wall molding up to get a trapped mouse out.

She has no idea what a profound effect she has on people. Tough as nails when needed, and a damned good shot, unarmed she has faced down men twice her size to wrest a kid from an abusive situation, and I don't mean a kid that gets his or her bottom paddled. And she's done it without police help.

Funny and warm and beautiful, she is a magnet for all the misfits. She is the magnet to my steel.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Wow. You are one lucky man to have so many wonderful women in your life and they are lucky to have you.The way you describe your ladylove brought a tear to my eye. Which is very rare by the way. You can tell there is alot of love there. It is true. Behind every good man is a good woman. Futhermore behind every good woman is a good man.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinavamp

Wow. You are one lucky man to have so many wonderful women in your life and they are lucky to have you.The way you describe your ladylove brought a tear to my eye. Which is very rare by the way. You can tell there is alot of love there. It is true. Behind every good man is a good woman. Futhermore behind every good woman is a good man.

You got me thinking stinavamp; I've been a very lucky guy.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinavamp

Hey; you gave me the inspiration for this lady S

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
What a great thread
And you really must be one lucky guy to have such great women around you!

First off all I'd like to give a shout out to my mum, she has been always there for me, cared for me. My Dad had to serve for the Army until I was 4 years old and could only see me on the weekends, so yeah I think my mum had a great (and nontheless positive) influence on me. I've learned so much from her and she's still there when I need some advice. I have a really close and special relationship to my mum, I wrote a song for her some years ago and there was this one line like "you're more than a mother to me, you're my best buddy" , so yeah that's how it is.

The next woman I'm happy to have her in my life is my sister. She's now a young woman, I'm 8 years older than her but she's still and will always be my lil sister. As a baby I used to call her "fat bumble-bee" and sometimes I still do it to this day
(even though she isn't fat at all
). Over the last few years I experienced a truth in the saying "blood is thicker than water" and I'm thankful to have her in my life!

I love my "significant other". It's our 7th year together and we're still happy. It's like a gift knowing in the back of your mind that there's someone wonderful you can share your good and bad times with. I've never met any woman again who is soooo loyal and lovely. Everybody feels comfortable with her being around. We share sooo many interests and hobbies, it's awesome. I can picture her being my babies mama

And last but not least I'd like to holler at my grandma. She's also a great person. I'd love to spend more time with her though, you never know... But I def. try to change and at least call her once a week. She has always some good advice and I remember her holding my hands and trying to comfort me when I had some bad times. I love to have shared some great moments with her (like our trip to N.Y. in 2009) and she is soooo funny you won't believe it. I love you gran!

top topics

join