It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin has its "black friday", loses 30% in one day.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
OH WOW THAT SAME DNS SERVER HOSTS silkroadmarket.com!!!!

www.who.is...

silkroadmarket.org 1API GmbH (R1724-LROR) 2011-02-28 06:15:08 2012-02-28 06:15:08 DNS

LOL

Statistically, we've gone into "WOW THIS IS FXKING OBVIOUS" territory.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A bit off topic but having a "Black Friday" is a good thing. It reefers when a company goes from being "in the red" (no profits) to being "in the black" (showing profits). Traditionally a huge bulk of retailers don't show any profit for the year until "Black Friday" because of all of the holiday shopping.

EDIT:: My bad...just learned of the 1929 Black Friday and the Fisk/Gould scandal in 1869...I'm not much up on my economic history!

edit on 6/13/2011 by RedParrotHead because: spoke before informed!

edit on 6/13/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

The market itself isn't real - it's as fake as "silkroadmarket".

So while a 30% "correction" may be "good," it didn't happen here - only one market ever semi-successfully converted BTC/USD and that was bitcoinmarket.com, which has since been having economic-manipulation problems.

Which screams "propaganda to make bitcoin look unstable because they can't do it any other way."

See http:///4YmYCTS9 for the mtgox/silkroadmarket delta.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Someone was asking about bitcoin "markets" to buy/sell...

The same DNS server also serves dns for bitcoincharts.com...

Along with bitcoinwatch.com, btcbank.net, and btcsportsbet.com

So I'm guessing we're going to see some crackdown on betting with btc, as well as more having to do with (controlled) markets.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cryptographrix

Thank you for bringing the information you have forward. I started looking for myself the silk road/bitcoin connection and seen that others have also made the connection. It looks like a shady business that is being profited on like the dollar carry trade, but again since its still small, is easy to manipulate and make alot of real life money for the scammers when they catch it on the way up and down.
edit on 13-6-2011 by wiandiii because: for content

top topics

<< 1   >>

join