It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BIble. An Outline?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Think about it. God is all-encompassing. He's not just encompassing everything that is good, he's encompassing the bad too. Just like the God in the bible is not always good(NT), he is bad too(OT). But God is not the God of the OT or NT, he is God of the WHOLE book.

Furthermore, since God is within, and (this is where I might lose you) we are God, I propose the theory that the Bible is also an outline of evolution.

Most people think we're about to enter the book of revelation and see a frightening end of the world scenario. I believe we are about to enter the NT. The overall mood there is uplifting versus the wrath, vengeance, and fear paradigm we have been in attributed to the OT.

When we finally merge back with the Alpha/Omega, then the revelation scenario mood may be our own as we are fixing to have to start the book over again and be back at the OT.

The OT attribute emotions of fear, jealousy, vengeance, wrath, anger, judgement, etc. to God
The NT attributes emotions of Love, kindness, joy, peace, etc. to God.

So is the Bible contradictory?
NO!

It is said, God is the beginning and the end. The alpha and the omega. To a normal perception, that seems like a contradiction as well, but to those of us who can think outside the box, we understand that God exists within a dimension not bound by time or space. He is everywhere at every moment in time simultaneously. In this dimension, all is one.

God is everything. Therefore he is fearsome and loving. He is angry and forgiving. He is wrathful and kind.

He is not just the OT or NT, he is the WHOLE Bible.

God is in all things and all things come from him. Outside of time (where god is), God is creating our past present and future simultaneously and is experiencing them as us simultaneously right now.

The mood of the OT has a negative tone to it, the mood of the NT has more of a positive tone to it.

What I am trying to convey here is that The Bible is like a timeline outlining the progression of the human species. We started as monkeys in the OT. As monkeys, we are prone to animalistic emotions and lifestyles such as those negative ones attributed to God there. We are at a crossroads. We are about to enter a time of a positive overtone. We are about to be introduced to Jesus. We aren't introduced to Jesus in revelations. We actually meet Jesus early on in the NT.

This is the best I can illustrate what I'm thinking. I'm looking at the bible from outside the box. I hope you all can see what I'm seeing, or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. LOL

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Bible confuses me. I mean seems like some people refer to him as Lord and others God. Then Moses killed a egyptian and yet God gives him the 10 commandments which states THOU SHALT NOT KILL?!? So I dunno...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Maybe God's EXACTLY like a Homo-sapien; fallable, inperfect, not always right.

You've already stated he does SOME bad things, and SOME good things.

Or perhaps it was written by man, created by man, i know what makes more sense to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
The Bible confuses me. I mean seems like some people refer to him as Lord and others God. Then Moses killed a egyptian and yet God gives him the 10 commandments which states THOU SHALT NOT KILL?!? So I dunno...

Actually the Hebrew word used was for "murder" rather than "kill". But that aside, God never said that anyone would be damned just for breaking His commandments. He gave us these rules to facilitate a peaceful society, they're for our benefit, not His. King David is a great example, he organized the death of one of his soldiers so that he could have the soldier's wife (Bathsheba). If that's not murder I don't know what is. David was forgiven, but he lived the rest of his life in utter misery because of the wrong he committed. If he had followed God's commandments he would have had a much better life. That's what it's all about, God is telling us how to conduct ourselves to get the most out of life. Salvation is a separate issue, it is acknowledgement of sin, not a reward for not sinning.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Think about it. God is all-encompassing. He's not just encompassing everything that is good, he's encompassing the bad too. Just like the God in the bible is not always good(NT), he is bad too(OT). But God is not the God of the OT or NT, he is God of the WHOLE book.

I understand the point you're trying to make and I appreciate that you're trying to merge the Bible with the scientific record (as I also am inclined to do), but while the Bible does show that God can be angry and vengeful, I don't think there's any indication in it that He is "bad". The OT is mostly a record of the things men have done and much of it was outside of God's will. Sometimes it's hard to tell whether He was for or against the actions, or if He even cared. Also if you're going to explore this then you have to consider that the Bible is not completely the word of God, I'm not telling you that is right or wrong but if you're willing to dismiss any part of it then you also need to consider that if it was tainted by the writers then some of the things they attributed to God in the OT that can be interpreted as "bad" may have been attributed wrongly. But I enjoyed your post, it's always interesting to read a new theory

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I agree to a certain degree BUT I don't feel I can go about sinning, then, turn around and ask God to forgive me. Now I have sinned but yet I don't set about creating sin with the acknowlegment that I can just ask to be forgiven. I ask for forgiveness and TRY to do good. There is a lot of misconception that whatever sin we break, we can be forgiven for. Yet I hope, for all our sake, that truly being genuinly sorry for what we've done, can be forgiven.

new topics

top topics

join