It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stange activity in the sky. UFO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes that right I am only assuming they were above the hill because if they were further away they would be very hard to see due to the weather (Based on the fact that no stars are visible).

I'm also familiar with kite flying in Nelson and I can say that you would be very unwise to fly kites on that hill in that weather. Most kite flying is done at the beach or a few parks around the place as the wind tends to get very strong. You wouldn't want to get swept off the hill would you? A few months ago a man died in Nelson while kite surfing, and this was only at the beach. He got swept up in a gust and got dumped hundreds of meters away on a bit of farmland.

Plus IMO the lights would've been too high for them to be kites.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here is the daytime shot folks...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chr0nicNZ

Thank you for that. It would seem to be very high in the sky. That hill is too far off in the distance for anything to be from up there (unless the lights were huge). Hope the "lights" return for you again. What is located under the area where the lights were sighted? A body of water or factories of any kind? Just asking as trying to solve my own puzzles too.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

All that is behind that hill is lots of forestry and more hills. To the north is the ocean but that is more to the left of where the lights where situated.

Here is a satellite image of the area. Point 1 is my house and point 2 is the approximate area of the lights.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have a bit of a reputation as a debunker. Not sure why because I'm actually a believer... I just don't accept any old crap as proof.

But this one has me intrigued. I can't write it off as lanterns, aircraft, kites or any other rational explanations.

Its got me stumped.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The map doesn't seem to show any source of lights near the top of the hill but there is a row of houses near the bottom. They don't seem to appear in your daytime shot though. It seems that they would be to the left of the frame as you look down Cambria. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1a437390999.png[/atsimg]
The overhead view does show that kites being flown from Guppy Park (in a generally northerly wind) could easily appear in your field of view as indicated by your map.

Here's what that view looks from the ground with the UFO 75 meters above the ground.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91dfa3dfcb15.png[/atsimg]

Do these pictures make sense?
edit on 6/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That pretty much makes sense but..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a2fe0ede6d8.jpg[/atsimg]

The yellow X's were about the place where the lights were. I just don't see where they could've come from.
edit on 4/6/11 by Chr0nicNZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/6/11 by Chr0nicNZ because: Added explaination.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

But the X's are to the right of Cambria. That puts them in a very different location from your map. Definitely not in the NNE.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/118998465e27.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Oh snaps

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok obviously my direction skills suck

But that still doesn't answer what it could've been.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It provides a pretty good possibility.

1) The color matches the color of LEDs.
2) People are known to fly kites at night with LEDs mounted on them.
3) People are known to fly kites at Guppy Park.
4) A kite being flown from Guppy Park would be visible in the direction you first described (NNE) and drew on your map.

Are you sure it couldn't have been kites? If you see them again take a walk and see what you can find out.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yea It's possible but my first directions (n.e.e) must be wrong because when i look the window that view is blocked by a big tree, but I'll definitely have a look next time I see kites in the area.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
the kite response is making me INSANE

cause at some point I'm going to have to believe it, and it will easily debunk EVERYTHING from then on

meanwhile, S&F - I liked it and could not dismiss it immediately

I'll just be over here denying all kite theories (cannot believe people still fly kites in this day and age, get an internet!!)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I'll just be over here denying all kite theories (cannot believe people still fly kites in this day and age, get an internet!!)

Go outside.
Go fly a kite.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I'm not convinced either, especially in that area. I mean the kites would have to have very long cords or they would have to be on that hill for it to be that high up. Also you don't see kites around that often, especially if its forecasted to rain.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Thanks for the daytime vid, a kite perhaps is a possibility however has it beeing bad weather since the time of the video? I doubt people would be flying them if it has been raining throughout the day.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Not buying the kite theory after looking at both videos. Notice how on the kite video the LED's were flashing in a consistent sequence? Well, in the original video posted by the op, the lights are not flashing in sequence and rather are irregular in their pattern. They even disappear for a while a few times. Hmmm...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join