It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus Was Married.........

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Do you think the people who wrote the bible and the priests and monarchs that taught the bible in the early centuries, left things out? If so, what?

The bible is composed of many books and scrolls, and they left out several such books and scrolls in the editing process of the original, and even further editing of the various versions throughout history. I still think it rather humorous that the currently accepted version, is a revision just so that a King could "legitimately" divorce his wife, hehe...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Jesus wasn't married. Jesus is complete as the second person of the Holy Trinity, he does not need a women to "complete" him, he was perfect.

I find it comical when people get so offended by an idea or view that opposes their own, especially regarding Jesus. People need to accept the fact that others might not see the Bible as a completely legitimate source, let alone the specificities within it. No matter what your stance is on a subject, one will never be able to see the whole picture unless he takes himself outside of the frame. Quit acting like someone is making fun of your favorite 90210 actor when you respond emotionally and subjectively to a post.

Also, if one is so sure of their religion, then researching in depth all of those views opposing that religion should bring even more strength to one's faith. I believe that lack of this objective searching reflects blindness and weakness of mind.

I think that we can accomplish a lot more within these forums if we are all objective and open minded.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join