It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-cuts groups descend on banks in NHS protest (UK)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Government gives billions to the rich and the poor are forced to pay for it, then the government says the little things which keep the average people healthy, educated etc must be taken away to pay for the bailouts the rich were given. The average person didn't see a penny of this bailout money even though times are hard but its the average person who is being forced to pay for it by enduring cuts to the key services which the rich people who recieved the bailout don't even need!

Unlike many of the American population we actually value our public services and our commitment to equality.
edit on 29-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Glz00

Yeah the shafting is real alright! Those spanky new motors bought with money that does not exist means bonuses are paid out of individual savings that the banks seem to think belong to them!

Whilst I applaud and support any action (even 'un' peaceful ones) that protests both the banks and successive governments that prioritise bank interests over those of the taxpayer, I think the most effective protest is the one few people are able or willing to enter, stop using the banks! Demand employers pay in cash! Take control of your wealth! Also, hit the Treasury! PAYE is NOT mandatory! It was introduced during WW11 as expedient to the war effort! If a mass movement of employees demanded the right to be taxed as self employed, would government response be to reveal it's true tyranny or would we achieve a more equitable balance of power whereby government is forced to accept it's role as servant of the people rather than servant of the banking industry?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

hey I am simply telling you what I see. Your government runs your health care, Gives you lousy service at high cost, with subpar quality. Now with cost so out of hand, they are forced to cut, and the same people who gave them the power are now bitching about the cuts the government wants to make. call it what you want, just dont call it a success. I want no part of it.

<< 1   >>

join