It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning strikes kill 40 in Bangladesh - Check HAARP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Dhaka - Lightning strikes during a heavy rainstorm in Bangladesh killed at least 40 people and injured more than 150, most of them harvesting rice in fields or fishing, police and officials said on Tuesday. The deaths, the largest number of casualties from lightning in a single day, occurred on Monday. Ten people died in northwestern Chapainawabganj district. Rainstorms ahead of the monsoon season starting in May or June often bring electric storms that kill residents and damage crops. -Reuters

Source: www.iol.co.za...

Checked HAARP and some interesting measurements in the last 12 hours here:
The image below is time-frequency spectrogram of the latest 12 hours of data from the HAARP Induction Magnetometer. 24-hour, 6-hour, 3-hour, and 1-hour displays are also available. This page refreshes every 5 minutes. maestro.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
HAARP or not, don't people know to stay out of the water during a lightning storm?

S&F but that's a whole lotta fried rice.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i wondered what that new peice of equipment that endevour attached to the iss was....2billion dollars hey, well i guess it works...

that council with the pope the other day looks like it paid off

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Of course HAARP is going to show something.

That's the whole point of the induction magnetometer.
It detects lightning discharges. I would be surprised if it did not detect soemthing.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

did you purposely copy my thread? You even used the exact same wording in the title.

and in the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-5-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

The rapture has started!
J/K

Really though, i feel bad for these poor souls, but common sense would tell you "massive storm coming, i should not be standing ankle deep in water on a flat field", seriously.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Dude, you get a star for your hilarious avatar.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandesh

Take a stand and make a point.
Do you, or do you not believe that HAARP "did something" in the last 12 hours to cause those deaths by lightning in Bangladesh over the last ONE YEAR.
Dont just lump two things together in the one post. Tell us what you actually think.
Is it, or is it not, in your opinion.
Otherwise you're just blowing wind.

And the article is also wrong. "the largest number of casualties from lightning in a single day" actually occurred in Africa in the fall 1998 when an entire football team of 11 players were killed by a lightning strike.

priyo

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
And the article is also wrong. "the largest number of casualties from lightning in a single day" actually occurred in Africa in the fall 1998 when an entire football team of 11 players were killed by a lightning strike.

priyo

How is it wrong?

There was 40 people killed here? 40 is more than 11, or did I miss something growing up?

edit on 24-5-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
that's a whole lotta fried rice.

While this news is very tragic, your post still has me laughing out loud.

On topic: I had only heard about HAARP possibly creating earthquakes and the like through ELFs. Is it also possible to control other weather events using the same frequencies and/or adjustments to the ionosphere? (theorizing of course, as none of this has been proven)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
There was 40 people killed here? 40 is more than 11, or did I miss something growing up?

You didnt read the link I posted.
The article linked to by the OP is a pathetically small article, maybe written for people with small attention spans. The lighning deaths in that region are well reported in larger articles in many other places... and goes into more detail.

Bangladesh recorded one-fourth of the total global fatality due to lightning strike in last one year... In the eight districts of northern Rangpur division, at least 48 persons were killed and 35 suffered serious burn injuries while 42 persons died in three hill districts and nine in Khulna division during the period. The worst incident of lightning happened in Chapainawabganj in May this year when a total of nine including six children died in a single day as they were struck by lightning during nor’wester.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

You didnt read the link I posted.

my bad, didnt see it there..thought it was a signiture or sign off or somthin..readin now.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

dude that article is from Wed, 22/09/2010 - 12:19pm | by priyo.news

The above news is from SA Time: Tuesday, 24 May 2011 7:18:25 p.m

Thats today (yesterday for me)

and by the way, please add any VALID comments to the existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The above news is from SA Time: Tuesday, 24 May 2011 7:18:25 p.m

Fair enough. Its 3am here. I was reading across multiple articles and used the figures for a year against the figures for that original OP's article while trying to find more details
Having said that through, other article state the biggest deaths happened monday morning. The main point I'm trying to make, and I'll say it again, is to ask whether the OP really believes that HAARP activity in the last 12 hours was actually responsible for it. Which to me postdates the storms by at least a day. Especially considering we've now established that lightning deaths in Bangladesh is a yearly event.

and by the way, please add any VALID comments to the existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Agreed. This will be my last post in this thread.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There is a thread on this already and oddly enough you do use the SAME line the original poster did..

Did you copy them or what?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join