It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: U.S. Hits Debt Ceiling Today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by Vikus

They should just raise the ceiling, raise taxes and cut defense spending. Mainly raising taxes. The problem is that we arent collecting enough tax dollars.

Who will pay those taxes?

I can assure you that those who have the ear of the government won't.

The rich should pay. We have one of the lowest tax rates in the industrialized world.

That will never happen. The people who don't have it are ALWAYS the one's who pay!! Middle class is always the short end of every stick

I said what should happen, not what will likely happen. This whole site is based on around a lot of hypothetical ideas. The rich should pay, Its not likely though.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I said what should happen, not what will likely happen. This whole site is based on around a lot of hypothetical ideas. The rich should pay, Its not likely though.

Even if all the assets of the rich were seized, there would still be a deficit. Even if you cut the defense budget to 0, still a deficit.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

i want to know who gorgi will be working for if all the rich peoples assets are seized.

i want to know where hes gonna get money to pay for his home loans and car loans and all the food he eats and the clothes he wears and everything else he uses on a daily basis.

the hatred for the rich in this country people are not looking at the bigger picture.

and you are right my friend even if they tax them to death and there are no more rich who are they going to go after next.
edit on 16-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by gorgi

Even if all the assets of the rich were seized, there would still be a deficit. Even if you cut the defense budget to 0, still a deficit.

I am not talking about it being seized, just returning to the higher tax brackets of the 50's. And you are wrong we could balance the budget. I suppose making stuff up is easier though.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

I am not talking about it being seized, just returning to the higher tax brackets of the 50's. And you are wrong we could balance the budget. I suppose making stuff up is easier though.

Why should the government steal 75%-95% of someones income? How would you like it if the government stole 95% of your income? People shouldn't have to work for the government against their will. The 50's were great for America because of WWII, not because of income taxes.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

reply to post by gorgi

Why should the government steal 75%-95% of someones income? How would you like it if the government stole 95% of your income? People shouldn't have to work for the government against their will. The 50's were great for America because of WWII, not because of income taxes.

Its not stealing. Its paying taxes. If you do not want to pay taxes go to Somalia. they have a low tax rate. Look at their country. Go there if you think its better.

And the way the US does taxes its in brackets not a strait percentage.

And even in the 50's after WWII when the taxes were high, no one left the country. They could have easily left and went some where else but they didnt.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Gorgi is a 12 years old shill. All he's been doing on ATS is shilling. I don't even know why he bothers coming here, unless he's paid to do so.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

And even in the 50's after WWII when the taxes were high, no one left the country. They could have easily left and went some where else but they didnt.

To be fair, the rest of the world was pretty much bombed out from WW2, there was really no place to go.

To be fair again, rich people can now hide or move around their money. Companies can ship jobs overseas and lobby the government for massive tax breaks (see GE).

Whenever taxes are raised, they are usually targeted to the rich but have the effect of burdening everyone else. A good example is how everyone is all peeved about oil company profits. No one understands that oil company profits are just a shell game. The government uses high fuel prices as a means of taxation, the oil companies are just the tax collectors who siphon our money towards the government.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

To be fair, the rest of the world was pretty much bombed out from WW2, there was really no place to go.

To be fair again, rich people can now hide or move around their money. Companies can ship jobs overseas and lobby the government for massive tax breaks (see GE).

Whenever taxes are raised, they are usually targeted to the rich but have the effect of burdening everyone else. A good example is how everyone is all peeved about oil company profits. No one understands that oil company profits are just a shell game. The government uses high fuel prices as a means of taxation, the oil companies are just the tax collectors who siphon our money towards the government.

The world was bombed out and the coronations could have shifted it over sees and got cheap labor. Countries that have higher taxation do usually very well. We did better when we had higher taxes in the last century.
The government doesnt get any extra money form gas prices being higher.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join