It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT – IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: Spirit of Rachel Corrie Ship Heading Towards Gaza Attacked By Israel

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

Before you spew a moutfull of wise ass in my direction, learn your history and what I am referring to.

Israel has removed ALL forces from the Gaza strip going back to 2005, and has not had any permanent presence in Gaza since then.

Israeli Gaza disengagement plan

Israel's unilateral disengagement plan (Hebrew: תוכנית ההתנתקות‎ Tokhnit HaHitnatkut or תוכנית ההינתקות Tokhnit HaHinatkut in the Disengagement Plan Implementation Law), also known as the "Disengagement plan", "Gaza expulsion plan", and "Hitnatkut", was a proposal by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, adopted by the government on June 6, 2004 and enacted in August 2005, to evict all Israelis from the Gaza Strip and from four settlements in the northern West Bank.

Those Israeli citizens who refused to accept government compensation packages and voluntarily vacate their homes prior to the August 15, 2005 deadline, were evicted by Israeli security forces over a period of several days.[1] The eviction of all residents, demolition of the residential buildings and evacuation of associated security personnel from the Gaza Strip was completed by September 12, 2005.[2] The eviction and dismantlement of the four settlements in the northern West Bank was completed ten days later.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I for one am tired of the wars and would liek to see a resolution.

Most would argue the solution has always been there..
Stop the encroaching settlements and pull back to acceptable borders..

Seems pretty self evident to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Stop the encroaching settlements and pull back to acceptable borders..

and here in lies the cruxt of the argument.

acceptable borders....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

and here in lies the cruxt of the argument.

acceptable borders....

Yep, my opinion is the only borders Israel will accept are two rivers..
Their actions seem to verify my belief.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Then maybe we all should raise our expectations on both parties, Israel and the Palestinians.

If we expect both parties to not reach an agreement, then there is no reason they should. There is no incentive to get their acts together and settle this mess once and for all.

I wouldnt mind seeing both sides threatened with complete and total loss of funding until such time they sit down with no preconditions on the table and see what coems from it.

The only other option left is all out war, and personally speaking, I dont se the arabs coming out favorably in such and instance.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I wouldnt mind seeing both sides threatened with complete and total loss of funding until such time they sit down with no preconditions on the table and see what coems from it.

Bit harsh on Palestine seen as how they are under a blockade.

Israel is fine, open to trade and live as normal..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Bit harsh on Palestine seen as how they are under a blockade.

Israel is fine, open to trade and live as normal..

Gaza is open for trade with no restrictions thanks to Egypt.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Gaza is open for trade with no restrictions thanks to Egypt.

I don't believe there are NO restrictions and even the volume of goods is low..
The Palestinians also need money to buy goods..
Their economy has been devastated by Israel so where do they get the money?
And will Israel even leave them alone to rebuild anyway, or start a new bombing run?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join