It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban release Canadian hostage interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
www.megavideo.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a1620c19bbd.jpg[/atsimg]

A Canadian who was taken hostage in Afghanistan by the Taliban is seen in the video above proclaiming his innocence that he is not a spy,

The 26year old alleged tourist was kidnapped 3 months ago in the Afghan province of Ghazni, The Taliban state that he will not be released unless Canada responded to there unspecific demand and unless they do he will be put to trial,

"The evidence and documents found in his possession had shown that he entered Afghanistan for spying purposes and was an active agent, gathering information on the Taliban," Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the radical Islamist organization, said in a statement quoted by Reuters.

"The Islamic Emirate once again calls on the Canadian government to take immediate action to solve this issue or the hostage could face a court," said Mujahid, which is a nom de guerre, referring to a statement in February which first accused the Canadian of being involved in "clandestine intelligence activities."

Read more: www.canada.com...

The young man told that he was there visiting as he was interested in History and wanted to see the sites and shrines of Afghanistan,

news.nationalpost.com...

edit on 9-5-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Myself and alot of other Canadians are against being in Afghanistan, but, if something happens to this innocent tourist who was spending money in a foreign country only to be kidnapped, I can only speak for myself, but, I would be all for killing every last Taliban. Some people are going to say, " that is what tptb want and that is why they staged this", bullspit, read about it from the beginning and then tell me your comment...I mean the WHOLE story, not just this article.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I guess my issue with events like this is that we all know its not somewhere you just willy nilly go for a trip!
given the times we are in...

I do find it odd that someone would go there just for the "history" though im not saying thats not the case,

Maybe just some young man not really thinking through the dangers of such a trip.

I guess the fact that the young man is still alive is a good thing, After all we all know what has happened in past events where there has been a kidnap,

edit on 9-5-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I do find it odd that someone would go there just for the "history" though im not saying thats not the case,

Reminds me of those Jewish "tourists" who "accidentally" strayed into Iran while doing touristy things like walking nilly willy into a war zone while ignoring ample warnings to not go there.

It's sad to see a Canadian brother in this situation but again, I can't see any other reason for this other than provocation.

Who the HELL tours a war zone? Idiots.

I say this with all honesty, if this was me, i wouldn't expect a single Canadian soldier to risk their life to come rescue my retarded ass
edit on 9-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Taliban release Canadian hostage interview.

they will kill him in the end...as they clearly think,his a spy..poor kid..but end of the day..no one goes to afghanistan as a tourist,in this day and age.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
In my opinion (not a biased one), I beleive this kid should not have been in Afghanistan during the time he was there. There are still soldiers there fighting the so called Taliban and for someone to assum 'oh, lets go check out the history Afghanistan has to offer' without thinking of the consequences if fairly naive. I personally don't think the Taliban are falsy accusing this 26 Year old with having spying documents etc. otherwise he would be dead by now. The Taliban are not asking for a ranson as many kidnappers do but are asking Canada to investiage this matter or else he will be tried.

The next step to watch out for is if Canada actually do anything about this!

I just hope whatever they do does not cause more bloodshed!!!

Peace!!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm Canadian too and I am obviously against this war.
This war has changed the reputation of Canada to something almost has low has Americans.

Thanks a lot M. Harper, anything else you would like to Americanize?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's a real shame that this young man thought it would be a good idea to go to this part of the world as a tourist. It's only asking for trouble and if the past is anything to go by, I wouldn't expect him to get out of there in one piece either.

top topics

join