It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global financial meltdown? Nah, lets buy aircraft carriers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Aircraft carriers gain clout in naval power

Despite growing controversy about the cost and relevance of aircraft carriers, navies around the world are adding new ones to their inventories at a pace unseen since World War II.

Why fix things when you can blow the crap out of stuff?

"The whole idea is about being able to project power," said Rear Adm. Philippe Coindreau, commander of the French navy task force that has led the air strikes on Libya since March 22.

Is this still a kinetic military action? Or the beginnings of World War III?

This makes me sick! Governments all around the world cry and moan about money! They squeeze all the money they can out of the population and then buy fancy toys to "project power"

Does this outrage anyone else?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If you think about it and look to the past, the future may present itself.

Back before WWI the governments of the world bolstered their navies after Great Britain deployed the world's first battleship, the HMS Dreadnaught in 1906. That set off a naval arms race.

Pre WWII something similar happened with the worlds navies again building large numbers of surface ships.

A lot of the conditions that were present before the start of WWII are again present at the present time. Global financial troubles, rising inflation, posturing and rhetoric, and the singling out of certain groups of people. During pre WWII Germany, they targeted Jews. Wartime America, they targeted Japanese Americans and interned them. Today the media is painting Muslims in a bad light to build up fear yet again. Now I fear that all that is needed to set off the bomb is a spark. The world is a tinderbox. All eyes are on Pakistan.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
OP: Really think about your question. Think about it again. Now: THINK.

How do things work? Look throughout history. You have your answer.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

The richest people in the world aren't government but are privateers and they are reknown for pulling the strings for financial gain or for a laugh. Just look at America!

That whole dollar bill scandal that has been in the dark since they rode around on carriages and called each other Baron and #.

The titles like Baron are gone but the families aren't. And they seem to want the world to go to #. Its like some underground mafia thats all pissed off because world peace means they have to share.

Its sickening really but I suppose thats life, its just a nightmare that those people are born with trillions and such a sick agenda.

And if you want proof just look at the Bush scandal, I mean who is really funding the rallys and stuff that get people ellected and what sort of debt does that get them into?

I'd be curious to know who funded Obama's election campaign, like who paid the bulk of it? They could really cause mayhem with a single phone call.

join