It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates, Clinton Advising President to Not Release OBL Photograph; Obama Increasingly Concerned No Goo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Of course Osamas wife would have to say "yeah thats him alright," she couldnt say otherwise or shed be stoned to death.
She couldnt say "no thats just my boyfriend."
edit on 4-5-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Wow Ashley... I've never seen you with such a bee in your bonnet as with the whole OBL fiasco. I think that speaks volumes about how important this is to keep digging for the truth. I'm sure there are many, many others feeling exactly as you are, that would normally be perceived as being equally amicable and easy going.

IRM

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Agreed , what were they thinking ?

There is a huge part to all of this that we are not being told .

Guess they will file the pic next to the video of the plane hitting the Pentagon .

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I swear i JUST heard Panetta say on a radio clip that he was certain at least one photo would be released. Guess they're either disagreeing or not talking to each other. Or maybe it was an old clip. Or maybe they're still in that "fog of war" that they claim is muddling all the facts so much.
edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

I can agree with you post and what you say to a point. The problem is that the MSM released a photograph that claims to show officials watching the operation in real time.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

That was my point. Sorry the sarcasm was too subtle. They're blaming the fog for all the discrepancies. Even though they watched and listened to the whole thing. Or at least had it relayed to them, according to official reports.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes the whole hero government scam is turning very slowly into a fiasco, I would have been more trusting if they just came out with the truth, that Bin laden is been death and that they just wanted to recuperate the body.

No the pony show that is going on right now.

I think that the so call corporate government advisers really are so detached from the main street regular Joe that they actually and really think we are dumb and stupid.

Well I have never felt so great been dump, stupid and a conspiracy believer.

edit on 4-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

What fog? I didn't know that is fog in the desert.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think so, too. It's happening all over the world- those not really prone to conspiracy theories are even left with exclamation points and question marks over their heads.

I stayed out of the whole Osama alive or dead debate for years because I just don't know. Both sides had some good evidence. The 9/11 conspiracies were also something I admit I just don't know but am willing to see the evidence for both sides. Not sure what to believe on the birth certificate issue but, again, both sides have interesting arguments.

But this one is just SO OBVIOUSLY a crock of poop I guess that's why I am so up in arms. I actually feel insulted on a collective level that our intelligence has been so grossly underestimated by the government as to be handed this pile of nonsensical garbage.

Even the people I know and love who cling to MSM propaganda are calling foul on this one.

I don't know if he was recently killed or killed years ago. Killed in a raid, died of natural causes. True extremist or CIA patsy. I'm willing to listen to both sides. But something is stinky on this one.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's what they're calling all the confusion and noise that went on during the battle. And that's what they're blaming for all the seemingly conflicting and changing information. Thought they watched and listened?

Maybe not everyone is aware of this explanation yet...

Administration's initial misstatements raise questions

"Frankly, I don't know," McDonough continued. "I've seen differing accounts as we gather more information. I don't know for certain whether bin Laden was armed or not. But I do know that our tremendous ... assault team that made that raid that day made exactly the right decision in each case, as far as I'm concerned."

Carney acknowledged the difficulty in getting all the facts right in such a situation, telling reporters that "to use your phrase -- fog of war, fog of combat -- that there was a lot of information coming in. It is still unclear."

Their phrase.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm curious. They are saying it would be a gruesome picture, but unless ballistics have change, the entry hole would only be the size of the round entering. It would be the view of the back of his head that would be the gruesome. If you didnt have to see the back of his head, then you wouldnt see the gruesomeness (is that even a word?
)

Or am I thinking about this all wrong?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

You're totally right. Unless of course a weapon such as a shotgun was used!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think it shouldn't be released to the general public but be available to view for any citizen of the U.S. when requested.. I feel there is a real potential for the the photos to be used as propaganda.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Does anybody else see that this seems to be a major change in the way that MSM and political officials function? To me, this is pretty much unheard of for world breaking news where no one needs to come out with evidence because supposedly people won't believe it anyway!

This could have long lasting ramifications! I hope this doesn't become policy in the 'war on terror' or any war or future events for that matter!

The fact that this has happened could mean that in the future this will become the norm! I've never seen something so blatant!

If compelling evidence does not emerge this HAS to be seen as another step towards '1984'.

AS
edit on 4-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am sure that the government is doing everything they can to find, create or manufacture a viable source of pictures that will match the death of bin laden by gun shot to his face.

The picture or picture perhaps even a video of the whole mission will be sipped (without government knowledge occurs) into the net.

And the perpetrators or perpetrator will be very rapidly charge by the administration as whistled blowers and endangering US national security.

There you got it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I don't know how far your memory goes, but our so sensitive toward the Islamic community governemnt were not so thoughtful and sensitive when they showed the pictures of Saddam's sons death and broadcasted Saddam's execution for the enjoyment of the US America (gore seekers).

I think is something here called double standards if I am no mistaken and if is not double standards then they are hiding something.

You know I am not rocket scientist but I can still see and smell deceptions.

I guess (Saddam and his sons) were not human after all.

To add more to the conspiracy I think that Bin laden body was nothing but a death body been kept to convert him later into a shrine and that is why US went and retrieve the body but when one of the helicopters malfunction it turn into a full rescue mission and they confronted resistance.

I will stick with that.
edit on 4-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Oh man .. you make a VERY good point! I probably should have responded to this sooner! If the US government released the killing of Sadam (which the release was supposedly an accident (correct?)) then why not release the video of this operation 'accidentally'.

I truly hope that SOMETHING comes out so everyone can at least dissect it and make up their own minds!

Peace,

AS
edit on 4-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: bbcode

edit on 4-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join