It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Tidbit...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Favor granting huh?

Hobnobbing .. "to associate on very friendly terms" "to drink together" Snap! We are hobnobs! (this will be my new word of the month)

accacia gnawing .. Had he said Accacia pluckers, gropers, grabbers, yankers and or pullers .. it would have been true.

self-righteous wannabe wizards either ... Here I take personal issue, as I am always reminded sometimes by complete strangers of my resemblance to harry potter lol.

But for "favors" I guess that depends on the definition .. I don't think it would be exactly surprising to know that Masons often choose other Masons for certain things. If I needed something done and I knew a few people to do it and a Mason was one of them, because I could trust them more I would undoubtedly choose the Mason. I admit my favoritism, I favor my friends over others (though not all are Masons) Isn't that natural though?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Hobnobbing .. "to associate on very friendly terms" "to drink together" Snap! We are hobnobs! (this will be my new word of the month)
Does that make us all delicious chocolate covered biscuits? www.bestofbritish.com.au...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

YES! It does!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
reply to post by JoshNorton

That's true enough however none of them are sharing any "Secrets" so to speak. Or perhaps this old man just doesn't realize how the world has caught up to him and his little secret society. Either way it will be an interesting read!

None? I think this thread demonstrates the contrary...

I'm always amused at the perceptions and ignorant beliefs that permeate the profane.

For the record, I'm one of "them," you know... The unsharing types...

Secret Monkeys, not just for revealing the obvious anymore...

I read all the information on those threads and I am no more enlightened for it so I stand by what I said before. I am all for learning new things from new people, new groups, cultures from just about everywhere but you gave me nothing I could learn from in those threads. One talked about Death and the other the white apron made out of lamb skin.

However in the bible it does say that the devil was like a wolf in sheeps clothing! hehehehe Hey Just sayin....

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Im aware that there is no higher degree than that of the master mason. thank you for you answer now i understand a bit more fully, and yes some of the 33rds i have met are quite the outgoing helpful and nice people, knid of made me realize.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
I read all the information on those threads and I am no more enlightened for it so I stand by what I said before. I am all for learning new things from new people, new groups, cultures from just about everywhere but you gave me nothing I could learn from in those threads.
Then perhaps you've already learned the lessons of how to live well, and how to die well. Masonry can try to teach the former, but only by truly embracing those lessons can one hope to achieve the latter.
edit on 2011.4.24 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join