It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will a WWIII Decide Which-Size-Fits-All?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
World unrest, unrest in the Middle-East, empire-building nations demanding lifestyle conformities in the lands they enter, forced takeover of the resources of nations, these are some reasons we may head into a WWIII. Would such a war solve any of the worlds troubles? I would think not, it would only serve to change or consolidate power in the nations that are involved or conquered.

Some of the worlds "systems" only hold the power we give them, or only hold power when the entire world subscribes to those values. I speak of monetary systems, the value of particular resources, and manufactured items for exchange. Perhaps even more importantly and to the point I refer to contraband products as tobacco and drugs, etc.

Contraband drugs have internation exchange values that often exceed the value of gold, the basis of our monetary system, whereas in a free system where even one nation would allow for free use, barter, and trade of those commodities their value would become nearly worthless because of the availability of resources to grow and/or produce them. While this issue creates unrest throughout the world, if one nation could so permit this then the world system of value on them comes tumbling down. Therefore conformity is sought throughout the world for all nations to treat and enforce them as contraband, a concept abhorrent to much of humanity. Other systems work the much same way such as our monetary system and dependance on petroleum but contraband substances serves to illustrate this issue.

Will a WWIII ever free us from some of these constraints? Or would we only see the control of these matters shift or consolidate. Frankly, I do not foresee any of this to improve and a WWIII not solve a thing but set the stage for a WWIV, WWV ad nauseum to be imminent at some future date.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think everyone who has little red buttons should just go ahead and push them.

I could go for a little
right now.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Interesting... I don't think a world war 3 would solve these issues... as long as we have religious zealots in this world who force their morals on others I don't see much changing... plus drugs and the such tend to open minds and the whole purpose of a ww3 IMO is to consolidate control of the masses... I don't think free minds fit into the one size fits all that they are looking for....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
I don't think a world war 3 would solve these issues... as long as we have religious zealots in this world who force their morals on others I don't see much changing...

I also have in mind the corporate zealots, the monetary zealots, etc. Religious zealots may be able to be appeased if they accepted said morality within and localized to their own communities and could relinquish the ambition of world conformity to their lifestyle. I believe it is the other zealots that may have the stronger ambitions as their economic systems fall apart without the world's acceptance of their values. It is doubtful they would peaceably give up their current dominance. I believe WWIII - or some such - would only serve to consolidate those same values, likely with an even narrower focus than now.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes a WW3 will solve all those problems. Except there won't be any problems left after its done! just the remnants of a earth, and the only colours you'll see will be black and gray. Ash will be falling from the sky for years and years and years. WW3 is nuclear war. Nuclear war is the death of the world. Even a small nuclear exchange between 2 countries can cause problems for the entire world

join