It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Cold War ( which isn't over ) WW3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The tittle says it all.... Maybe since the people of the world were TOLD the cold war was over... it is? Is that how it works? The WAR has always been going on... and is going on in this day and age, World Wide. There's more to war then armies and military weapons.... Winning without a battle is ancient wisdom eh?

Spying is thousands of years old.... conspiracies and "hidden forces" are always in and throughout history... everywhere.... The idea of a cold war being separate to a HOT war? Well it's the same war lol.... A Forum on WW3 is brilliant... as Many are called to Fight The Good Fight.... every minute... every day....

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
When was the last time the world wasn't in some kind of war?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I just don’t see how WW3 would go down ‘nuclear style’. I mean, if one country fires a nuke at another country. Surely the victim country would detect it, before it strikes and just fire one back at that country.

Pointless war, not to mention allies would get involved and soon nukes would be all over the planet, right?

I thought nuclear warfare was inevitable sooner or later, but people I spoke to assured me it could not happen. I personally don’t know.

I think what stemmed from the Cold War, ‘The Threat’ of a nuclear attack, is a powerful weapon of War, psychologically. But, maybe where them nukes have ended up since the ‘end’ of the Cold War is a major factor in whether the Cold War is actually over.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
When was the last time the world wasn't in some kind of war?

When man wasn't around?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthArchaeologist

Nuclear "Suitcase Bombs" are "missing" from the fall of the USSR... for one. The Nukes are still around of course... in many countries. The Cold war was more than "Duck and Cover".... The overthrowing of countries all around the world. The "Psychological Warfare", not only in other countries but in the home country.

Notice how the WAVE of "revolutionary" changes even now in the Mideast, are EXACTLY the same thing as the cold-war overthrowing of countries... In Fact many of the SAME background people and groups / organizations are involved. or as some might say.... the CIA is all over that.

The most obvious propaganda in this topic is the War On Terror.... another WORLD-WIDE WAR.... as in WW3.. lol

It is amusing.... Some of us though... fight the War On Error

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Animals don't have 'war' in their own way?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why do you think the Cold War isn't over? The U.S. and Russia have a pretty decent relationship these days, much better than they did 20, even 10 years ago. Medvedev and Obama seem to be at a level of understanding at the moment, but who knows what could happen in 2012 when the President title's could potentially change. If Putin gets back in Office I think things could get rocky, and maybe John Titor's 2015 prediction will come true, lol. But seriously, Putin's a more of a hardliner than Mevedev and will definitely show his backbone when he feels he needs to.

Imagine if Donald Trump got elected in the U.S. and Putin was President LOL
edit on 17-4-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: adding some imaginative thoughts

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
WW 3, War on Terror, titles don't really matter. It is a power struggle. The nations with the most power want more. Everyone wants to be the "world power". China, Russia, USA, Europe...all think they should be running the world.

As always this world is cyclical. No one group controls for too long. I guess it comes down to "be careful what you wish for". lol.

I think the BRIC nations will have there time as world leader over the next decade or so. The USA will take a backseat role, similar to Europe a la 1950-1990. Then we will see a resurgence, but who knows. Worldwide nuclear war will not happen. Maybe a regional nuclear war between India and Pakistan to meet the Illuminati's goal of population control.

We will see.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I just don’t see how WW3 would go down ‘nuclear style’. I mean, if one country fires a nuke at another country. Surely the victim country would detect it, before it strikes and just fire one back at that country.

The fear is that it wouldn't be ONE nuke, but a whole arsenal of them.

Pointless war, not to mention allies would get involved and soon nukes would be all over the planet, right?

I thought nuclear warfare was inevitable sooner or later, but people I spoke to assured me it could not happen. I personally don’t know.

Well, most sensible folks like to think MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) means we'll never see it. These same sensible folks are likely correct, but NOTHING is foolproof, is it?

Wargames' (80's movie) computer JOSHUA said it best (read the following in a computerized voice)..."Strange game....the only winning move is not to play..."

I think most feel the Cold War was between the US and the Soviets. Using that definition, it's over. I'd say I agree, but that a new "Warm War" has sprung up between the US and Terrorists, and it's dominated by both espionage and actual armed conflict (Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.)

In addition, a NEW Cold War is taking place, between China and the US. However, I'd term it more of a Fingercuffs War...as China's fate is linked intrinsically with our own. Unlike the former USSR, they don't seek our downfall (we're their number one debtor and customer). If we go down, so do they. But, they do seek every advance we have, and of course, the spy game is alive and well.

join