It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UK Heading For a Double Dip Recession ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes they are. The UK is doomed financially

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
These nationwide cuts will be the final nail in the coffin, it would be much better to spend money on creating industry than to cut everything in order to reduce the deficit. Every country has a deficit so why are the uk so ruthless in an attempt to wipe it? The entire nation is going to be a complete and utter mess and their people will suffer badly but oh well at least they're cut their deficit

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here's another article to support the OP...

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Thanks Surrealist

I did find this one glimmer of positivity however about half an hour ago...

The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) fell back from 4.4% in February to 4%, the latest figures show.

Of course not sure it really means that much for the overall picture, but one can hope

Link to the full article ...

uk.news.yahoo.com... markets-drive-surpris-327c223.html

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nooooo !

Hope very short lived, as this afternoon this was published on Yahoo.....

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Basically its saying supermarkets need to be mindful of raising consumer and political heckles, and that despite the downward figure, the opposite could still come to fruition.

Oh well wait and see policy then lol.

Of course I blame the raise in inflation over time on the supermarkets for opening all their mini markets, as the price on average is more expensive than if you shop in their bigger stores, anyone who lives in the UK will know what I'm talking about, the prices are shocking

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would say people waste less, they got wiser in their spending. The recession taught us how to buy the stuff we really need , how to throw away less and be more efficient in general. Also people are buying more from the internet, leading to less profit on hi-street.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Did you notice that even if products kept the same price , same apparent package yet they reduced the quality or the weight of the product? (for example , washing liquid getting more.. liquid than it used to be , coffe backs being reduced to 227 grams instead of 250 and so on)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
See for me a "double dip" doesn't sound as bad as a recession or depression, it conjures up images of bags of sherbert and rides at Blackpool pleasure beach. Maybe we should change the name of austerity to something more palatable.

On a more serious note, I came across this article that shows the UK is headed for a massive fall.

www.goldmadesimplenews.com...

In short the UK is setting itself up for a massive fall, just like in the US. We’re pretending that GDP is a lot higher and healthier than it really is. The moment interest rates spike and government borrowing ceases because the costs become to high, all that phony GDP will come out of the system and the ‘real’ GDP number will have to be recognised – which is a lot, lot, lower than today.

edit on 12-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

We use the term "Double Dip" at work, but for an entirely different reason, what do you think about "Doubly Screwed" ? I think it has a nice ring to it lol

Well done for sourcing the additional info, my we really are in trouble

Wonder if there is any value in using sherbert dibdab as currency ???

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Yeah I noticed it with the little Ferero Rocher 4 pack chocolates, which hav now become a pack three

Makes my tummy sad lol

On a more serious note, how long before boil in a bag rice becomes 79p for one bag in a box, instead of 79p for four ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join