It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I suppose the "partial shutdown" is "semi-in-effect"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just got a phone call from daughter-in-law. She gave us more details. Apparently, some folks on the base are getting 1/2 pay and others nothing at all. The base subsidized housing has been under-funded for a couple of months already, so when the crisis appeared to be inevitable, the company that owns the houses tred to evict all of the residents from base housing. The community banded together and said no and forced them out of the neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

From what I hear a contract company (Eagle) bought out housing and are now acting as slumlords. My heart goes out to your son and his family. Being stationed overseas has a whole different aspect to everything.

Personally, I am disgusted with DC and am doing everything I can for my people stationed here.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
**Update**

From the DFAS website:
"Due to the potential shutdown of the federal government, we have "taken down" all Leave and Earnings Statements (LESes) or "Advice of Pays" for Active Duty Military and Reservists. We will re-post LESes when we receive more information on the shutdown or enacted legislation that authorizes pay beyond April 8

All military will get paid on April 15.

If a CRA or appropriation is not passed before April 15, military members will be paid on April 15 for the period of April 1-8, approximately one half their normal mid month pay.

If a CRA or appropriation is passed by Tuesday, April 12, military members will receive their full pay for duty served from April 1-15 on April 15.

If a CRA or appropriation is not until after April 12, DFAS will pay military members for the period of April 9-15 within 3 days of an appropriation or CRA being passed. "

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Fewer than half of the 2.1 million federal workers subject to a shutdown would be forced off the job if the Obama administration followed the path taken by presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton. And that's not counting 600,000 Postal Service employees or 1.6 million uniformed military personnel exempt from a shutdown.

news.yahoo.com...

I believe this is a disinformation thread. If I'm wrong then apologies to the OP.

Are internet shills considered "essential government workers"? ATS may be a little slow this weekend. Oh, but I guess those employed by Media Matters will still be around.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
Fewer than half of the 2.1 million federal workers subject to a shutdown would be forced off the job if the Obama administration followed the path taken by presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton. And that's not counting 600,000 Postal Service employees or 1.6 million uniformed military personnel exempt from a shutdown.

news.yahoo.com...

I believe this is a disinformation thread. If I'm wrong then apologies to the OP.

Are internet shills considered "essential government workers"? ATS may be a little slow this weekend. Oh, but I guess those employed by Media Matters will still be around.

This is not disinformation on my part. I am getting this from my kids who are in the middle of it. I understand your skepticism, but I assure you it is misplaced.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Government shill? Well, first time for everything I suppose. No, please understand that they choose their words very, very carefully when portraying this in the media.

Saying : "The military will still be on duty" is not the same as saying "the military will still be on duty and paid in full, and on time." See my post, just prior to yours.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by kinda kurious

ETA: If any EVER doubt me, U2U me. We can chat on a DSN line.

Woo impressive, a secure network line.

I’m sure you are posting from a luxurious private bunker (basement) running ACL based network flanked by stacks of secure spoof proof firewalls and routers on dual monitor enterprise level Unix platform:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0c286af6c70.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice lazyboy! I’ve never seen such a soothing shade of green corduroy. Did you fork over the extra dough for Scotchguard? Dial up rocks!

edit on 8-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Weak. But that is about the level to expect from someone who holds such dsdain for the military.

Plus, my chaIr is brown, loser.

edit on 9-4-2011 by beezzer because: because planet Nirubu got too close

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Weak. But that is about the level to expect from someone who holds such dsdain for the military.

Plus, my chaIr is brown, loser.

edit on 9-4-2011 by beezzer because: because planet Nirubu got too close

FACT CHECK:

I grew up a military brat. My late father was a Lt. Commander in Navy (pilot) who earned Navy Wings of Gold. After that, he was supervisor in FAA for 30 years. (You know the evil government Tea Baggers love to hate.)I show nothing but respect and admiration for those who serve(d) our great country as evidenced in my prior posts in this thread. But I will make you a deal. (money where mouth is - ring any bells?) Post a SINGLE statement by me where I have disparaged the military in any way and I will refrain from posting. Truth is, you can't. Weak sauce attack, untrue and low blow.

As far as chairs, I highly recommend the Herman Miller AERON:

www.ultimatebackstore.com...

It's all I use. Expensive but comfortable.

edit on 9-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join