It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars, houses severed limbs The debris from Japan earthquake and tsunami that's floating towards the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Huge amounts of debris of all kinds was swept into the Pacific after the tsunami hit Japan a few weeks ago . Now that debris including whole houses, cars, boats and human remains are drifting out in the Pacific eventual destination the west coast US. www.dailymail.co.uk...

A vast field of debris, swept out to sea following the Japan earthquake and tsunami, is floating towards the U.S. West Coast, it emerged today.

More than 200,000 buildings were washed out by the enormous waves that followed the 9.0 quake on March 11.

There have been reports of cars, tractor-trailers, capsized ships and even whole houses bobbing around in open water.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
I'm expecting parts of houses, whole boats and feet in sneakers to wash up,' Mr Ebbesmeyer, a Seattle oceanographer who has spent decades tracking flotsam, told MailOnline.

Several thousand bodies were washed out to sea following the disaster and while most of the limbs will come apart and break down in the water, feet encased in shoes will float, Mr Ebbesmeyer said.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 8-4-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The feet in floating shoes bit made me cringe. Do you think any of that stuff could make it all that way? What could be done to stop it?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Yes it can and will make it all that way. Vast amounts of debris , however I would imagine that most of the cars would have sunk by then IMO it will consist of boats plastic and huge amounts of wood. I think most of the bodies will have been eaten decayed or sunk by the time it would take for them to reach the US. Main problem will be hazard to shipping. I guess if they found a huge raft of debris they could set it alight to get rid of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

creeped me out too!...sure could take the fun out of looking for sea shells....

As for stopping it.....maybe a swarm of hungry sharks?

All in all.....horrible situation and brings light to how big of an event the Japan quake was.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
They've been finding feet in shoes for years after the2004 tsunami on the coasts of Washington.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Was it ever proved that those feet had in fact come from the boxing day tsunami ?

new topics

top topics

join