It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention All Facebookers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ran across this little gem today, thought I would share. Although pretty tongue-in-cheek, a lot of truth within.
Enjoy!

edit on 6-4-2011 by servumlibertatem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yeah the Onion is more real than the supposed real news.
Interesting psycho-logical tactics, well funded too. This usually fools the average person into believing all that stuff is nonsense.
National security is NOT our security, it is THEIR security.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by servumlibertatem

This makes me sick!!! I can't even listen to that malarkey coming out of their mouths... AND THEIR SERIOUS WHEN THEY TALK!!! that's what sickens me that they're letting themselves be controlled by a computer screen

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It would be funnier if it wasn't so logical and likely true -- at least the outcome is true. Whether intentional or not, Facebook and other social networking and discussion sites are in fact a free treasure-trove of information for anyone who might be interested. Of course, government and alphabet soup agencies are only the beginning of who is trolling this sea for data.

You can be assured that little of that is for our own good. Be wary what you put out there. Be the doubting Thomas when some site is asking for more information than seems necessary. Just don't give it out unless you are 110% sure its OK and warranted.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Reporter Me (dave): Ah yes, my new spy program is also working and i recommend using it. I go up to people and ask them their name and they just tell me.

Reporter Mike: Wow dave, its simply amazing how stupid everyone is, i mean they just tell you their name?

Me: yep its straight up wild!

Mike: So you mean with this new program i dont have to dig through their garbage anymore.

Me: Nope, simply by asking questions I can find out even more secret knowlegde like, their favourite food, colour and if they have any friends.

Chinese reporter: I too have developed a pretty sweet program. I ask them for secrets and they tell me cool stuff.

Me: Wow, even better. Is this saving you money?

Chinese reporter: well i give them stickers for secrets so it stretches the budget a little bit but were making it work.

alright that was fun but seriously I dont care about posting pictures and information on facebook. Do people seriously detail crimes they commit? "Im going to jail for rape and murder but it was worth it for a friend point". What is wrong with these people? they are talking like its silly to trust other people and tell them basic information. Good job spies, real cool.

Good thread though, I am thoroughly amused.

Seriously Straight Up For Real,
LetsTouch
edit on 6-4-2011 by LetsTouch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't get the 'phenomenon' at ALL. So obviously a data-mining operation it isn't even funny, but I guess most people are either ignorant or don't care.

Thanks all for the posts

new topics

top topics

join