It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pc Harwood questioned at Ian Tomlinson inquest.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.tomlinsoninquest.org.uk...

Transcripts uploaded daily. Assuming this hasn't been posted already?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thanks for that Mr lizard good find.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Roguesheep

I thought the IPCC (independent police complaints commission) might have some power, Initially they had called for HArwood to be suspended (1) - which he was. However, IMO this is as far as the IPCC could go with their limited power - My point, the IPCC dont have any power as was seen in the Jean Charles de Menezes inquest (2) - Ok, they managed to get the Met prosecuted under health and safety legislation, that's as far as their power went.

The IPCC have powers of arrest, surely they should have powers to suspend officers - not just to request this from the force being investigated, also shouldn't they have powers to sack officers?

And as the for the IPCC being independent "It is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB), funded by the Home Office, but by law entirely independent of the police, interest groups and political parties and whose decisions on cases are free from government involvement" (3,4)

I knew (because im cycnical) that nothing would ever happen to Harwood - Its staged to make it look like he was investigated, faced the court etc etc etc....

On a side note, did anyone see harwoods picture in the London Metro yesterday, he looks like the terminator...well scary looking dude....

References:
1. www.timesonline.co.uk...
2. www.telegraph.co.uk...
3. en.wikipedia.org...
4. www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 6-4-2011 by slinkey10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

On a side note, did anyone see harwoods picture in the London Metro yesterday, he looks like the terminator...well scary looking dude....

reply to post by slinkey10

Yeah I noticed that, It's funny because I was at the G20 protests and noticed the difference when the police shift changed from the nice friendly police type to the riot police. The riot police looked like a bunch of roid heads . they were all really pumped up and aggressive, some real hard looking bast%$ds. Kind of people you would cross the street if you saw them walking towards you.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

reply to post by slinkey10

Yeah I noticed that, It's funny because I was at the G20 protests and noticed the difference when the police shift changed from the nice friendly police type to the riot police. The riot police looked like a bunch of roid heads . they were all really pumped up and aggressive, some real hard looking bast%$ds. Kind of people you would cross the street if you saw them walking towards you.

Its funny you should mention that someone asked if was on performance enhancing pills at the time .
Of course he denied he was.
But it makes you think though.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Roguesheep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join