It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Night Out Last Night, But Whoa, Beware the Hangover Birdsong of Foreboding/ Phone Time Zone Dy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Thank you for your post, I know there has been a thread dedicated to unusual birdsong activity and certainly quite a few members have posted along similar lines to you and me.

Maybe the birds are trying to get a recording contract, if so ours are definately going for a nich market, heavy metal perhaps ??? lol

edit on 4-4-2011 by solargeddon because: typos grrrr

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As promised yesterday, I popped into vodaphone, and the man looked at me like I had six heads lol.

He said no one else in my area had reported signal loss, and similary, no one has reported any problems with their clock, he said a soft reset would sort the clock out (but the clock sorted itself out it only happend a couple of times), and that when I turned my phone off my signal returned because it connected to the next closest mast (he assumed the mast my phone normally uses may be down ), but as I explained to him even after it came back the signal dissapeared again a while later, so I'm a little stumped, he says he would have expected more people than just me to pop in and report if there was a problem, but he says I'm the only one .

So there you have it folks mystery solved..... I think, only problem is these guys are salesmen before anything else, so who knows, I'm just glad the ill effects only lasted a short period, but still think its strange, as the phone has never had a problem, I definately believe something happend to the network, anyhow, just thought I would share the outcome

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
As promised yesterday, I popped into vodaphone, and the man looked at me like I had six heads lol.

He said no one else in my area had reported signal loss, and similary, no one has reported any problems with their clock, he said a soft reset would sort the clock out (but the clock sorted itself out it only happend a couple of times), and that when I turned my phone off my signal returned because it connected to the next closest mast (he assumed the mast my phone normally uses may be down ), but as I explained to him even after it came back the signal dissapeared again a while later, so I'm a little stumped, he says he would have expected more people than just me to pop in and report if there was a problem, but he says I'm the only one .

So there you have it folks mystery solved..... I think, only problem is these guys are salesmen before anything else, so who knows, I'm just glad the ill effects only lasted a short period, but still think its strange, as the phone has never had a problem, I definately believe something happend to the network, anyhow, just thought I would share the outcome

I asked three colleagues today if they had experienced any problems with their Desire's over the weekend and none of them had. One of them suggested that it may be an app that you have been using that could have caused the clock to behave like that. Did you use any apps prior to this happening? Anyway, it seems to back up what the salesman told you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

No I hadn't in fact, I had left my phone at home, as I didn't want to run the risk of it being stolen (had that happen once to an old phone, wasn't impressed), and as I always have signal at home, that's what made it all the stranger to me. Vodaphone man never mentioned to me anything about running an app could have affected it to me, to be honnest I got an overwhelming sense as I was speaaking to him that actually I would have been no better off had I asked what is reality, or can you tell me what 1+1 is please, but then I am yet to have what I would call a fullfilling experience with a mobile phone salesperson.

Amazingly my phone is acting like it never had a problem, just sitting there without a care in the world lol

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

I'm glad all is good now in the solargeddon world and that your desire is working perfectly!!

Yeah these sales people follow a script and you probably confused them totally and it was a Monday, that's mean.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by solargeddon

I'm glad all is good now in the solargeddon world and that your desire is working perfectly!!

Yeah these sales people follow a script and you probably confused them totally and it was a Monday, that's mean.

Lol, yeah I guess it was a little mean of me to go in on a Monday, but I did wait until the afternoon

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join