It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transocean gives bonuses after Gulf of Mexico BP spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i think this is disgusting there given them selves massive

bonuses over safety

The Deepwater Horizon exploded on 20 April 2010. In the days and months that followed millions of gallons of oil poured unabated into the Gulf of Mexico, prompting President Barack Obama to call the incident America's environmental 9/11.

Before the well was capped in July, the spill fouled the coastlines of four states, scared tourists away and closed countless fishing grounds. The true environmental and economic impact may not be known for years.

A presidential commission concluded that the explosion had been caused by cost-cutting and directly blamed Transocean, BP and Halliburton for the disaster.

Despite that, Transocean handed out huge bonuses to its executives citing the company's best year for safety ever.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Makes you wonder...

Mission accomplished, perhaps?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
you would think if they had

any morals that money would go to

the families of the people that died on the rig because of there cost cutting

or to all the people that had there lives ruined after the rig blew

i even wonder did they even think of these families when they were doleing out the dosh

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
you would think if they had

any morals that money would go to

the families of the people that died on the rig because of there cost cutting

or to all the people that had there lives ruined after the rig blew

i even wonder did they even think of these families when they were doleing out the dosh

Indeed. But I can tell you that morals do not even enter the equation. Having grown up around oilmen, I do not find this surprising in the least. Repugnant, absolutely. But not surprising at all.

It is beyond shameful, but it is a cut-throat business, and the sooner it is relegated to obsolescence, the better for all.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Oil men and bankers ... possibly a cheap renewable energy source? i say why not!

new topics

top topics

join