It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over miami march 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Interesting video.
Some say lanterns. However why would several lanterns turn off at once.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Definitely not lanterns.....They don't just turn off all at the same time like that...

I don't think this one can be debunked. S&F

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Not lanterns, but the downward movement is consistent with flares. They all disappear "at once" due to being blocked by trees, etc. on the horizon.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

I don't see any trees.
and they randomly turn off. not just the lower ones.
funky

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't know, the people seem to authentically think its something weird. If it is an intentional hoax by the camera man & his friends (or whoever did the dialog), they are a lot better actors than most of hollywood. The female said something about a possible spotlight, but I don't think the guy was filming the part of the sky she was talking about, could be car headlights or something though.

I don't think it was Chinese lanterns and I hate that explanation for a lot of unknown aerial objects. I think they look more like distant search helicopters than lanterns or advanced craft. There are USN and USCG installations in Miami are there not?

It is possible that they were flying in formation with landing or search lights on and then turned, which would explain why they all appeared to turn off at once.

Edit: Another point that reinforces this is that there are eight lights, squadrons of helicopters that are not limited by the carriage space on a smaller warship usually work in groups with multiples of 4, as do fighter squadrons in which there is typically 12 planes. A typical US base may have 4, 8 or 12 Seahawks or any other naval helicopter with search lights that would make them visible over long distances when turned on.
edit on 2-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yeah it still doesn't mean much though , just like most of these unidentified flying object videos .
I mean really it could be alien spaceships , could be helicopters, flares , remote control flying toys,secret military aircraft, clever hoax etc etc .
All I see is some lights that move slowly & turn off . I love spaceships , I want one .
But these things bore me , if they were alien spaceships what is the point of glowing then going dark ,
It can't be to show people that they are advanced technological people from other planets , if they wanted to do that it would be the simplest thing ever , just land in a city say howdy folks , stop for a cup of coffee and a bagel hop back in their ships and take off .
These videos while curious & possibly unexplainable are more frustrating than illuminating , because they simply don't mean anything IMO

reply to post by Skate

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We cannot see the topography of the land. They could easily be planes/helicopters disappearing over a mountain ridge. Military exercise, perhaps.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I agree, interesting. Using the house as a reference point seems like they 'went out' as opposed to dropped behind something. Also agree with comment about authentic sounding folks.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Possibly a night drop exercise for some airborne troops? I've photographed some of them during the daytime, and they like to spin in circles a lot as they float down. Don't know why they'd use lights, unless it was just so they could see each others' positions in the dark, as well as for observers on the ground... or maybe they just wanted to wear lights for their own personal reasons.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Interesting video.
Some say lanterns. However why would several lanterns turn off at once.

Using the house as a reference they seem to be dropping down, a bit like flares do.
But flares don't stay lit for that long.

So i'd say they were some sort of lanterns, but I can't explain why they all went out at the same time.
Could just be coincidence I guess.

Hmm.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Mountain ridges, in Miami.
That's funny. Miami is as flat as a pancake. The highest point in Miami is it's high rises.
I think we can discount mountain ridges.

Military exercise? If this is down in Homestead. There is homestead airforce reserve base. If there was an exercise it would be around there.
edit on 2-4-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I say lanterns, you can tell they go behind a tree.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Lanterns, yes. I didnt see them go out at the same time. They drifted downward then went out one by one. The last one actually faded out. I live in miami and i have another theory.
This past weekend we had "ULTRA" which is a week long rave party near the water. This party is almost non stop except for a few hours during the day 8am-noon but my point is at night the light shows can be seen for miles! You must understand this is elctro-house-trance music, people covered in glow in the dark paint, readily available hallucenogenic drugs at the festival. The festival makes the night atmosphere as 'trippy' as possible.
It is a possibility these things were released at the festival and drifted toward these people who caught it on camera.
edit on 2-4-2011 by miamibombero because: laterns did not go out at the same time

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyjohn
Using the house as a reference they seem to be dropping down, a bit like flares do.
But flares don't stay lit for that long.

So i'd say they were some sort of lanterns, but I can't explain why they all went out at the same time.
Could just be coincidence I guess.

Hmm.

Hmmm indeed!

I'm not sure they are lanterns as they seem to be pure white rather than the usual red or orange and they don't flicker as lanterns usually do. Saying that, I have no idea what the chromatic response of the guy's videorecorder is. Was it white-balanced before he started shooting? Who knows! What I can say about lanterns is that if they were all lit in rapid succession and all had the same length candles they would all go out in rapid succession also. Some people seem to be suggesting they all went out at the same time. They didn't.

Concerning flares: if they were parachute flares designed to illuminate a combat zone (obviously a training excercise - I'm not suggesting a combat zone in mainland USA) and it was on the far horizon then flares could be visible for several minutes and not appear to move very much as viewed by an observer at distance.

Basically I haven't a clue on this one.

new topics

top topics

join