It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plymouth boy, 13, questioned by police over assault with a marshmallow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

POLICE have questioned a 13-year-old Plymouth boy over an assault on another boy with a marshmallow. Nathan Watch was pulled out of lessons at Torpoint Community College and questioned about the attack.

Nathan's father Nigel told a national newspaper the matter was being dealt with as common assault. He says witness statements were taken from a number of pupils after Nathan and a group of youths were walking to school and one of them threw a marshmallow which hit another pupil.

The pupil rang his parents to complain, who in turn called the school and the police.

www.thisisplymouth.co.uk...

Are the parents insane? Have they been so conditioned by this nanny/police state that they seriously feel the need to call the police over a marshmallow?
Do they have any idea the amount of time and money this is costing everyone?
I can see the operator at the 999 call centre rolling around in fits of laughter after getting this call. Either that or fuming with rage that somebody would actually make a call over this in the first place.

It's almost unbelievable, yet this sort of thing happens often, daft people making emergency calls to the police over daft things.

Now, if they'd been around a camp fire toasting said marshmallows and one was so hot and sticky it burnt somebody, then that may be a different matter..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If I were the cop I'd punch the caller 2 for flinchin' 1 for b****n'

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Haha...I flicked a rubber band into a kids eye once back at school...all I got a was a "talking to". I admit I probably deserved more in that case...but I want to know if anyone was actually hurt by this so called killer marshmallow.

edit on 1-4-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

POLICE have questioned a 13-year-old Plymouth boy over an assault on another boy with a marshmallow. Nathan Watch was pulled out of lessons at Torpoint Community College and questioned about the attack.

Nathan's father Nigel told a national newspaper the matter was being dealt with as common assault. He says witness statements were taken from a number of pupils after Nathan and a group of youths were walking to school and one of them threw a marshmallow which hit another pupil.

The pupil rang his parents to complain, who in turn called the school and the police.

www.thisisplymouth.co.uk...

Are the parents insane? Have they been so conditioned by this nanny/police state that they seriously feel the need to call the police over a marshmallow?
Do they have any idea the amount of time and money this is costing everyone?
I can see the operator at the 999 call centre rolling around in fits of laughter after getting this call. Either that or fuming with rage that somebody would actually make a call over this in the first place.

It's almost unbelievable, yet this sort of thing happens often, daft people making emergency calls to the police over daft things.

Now, if they'd been around a camp fire toasting said marshmallows and one was so hot and sticky it burnt somebody, then that may be a different matter..

It's an April fool story from the sun lol

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
was going say must be an april fools prank

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Helgas2011

It's an April fool story from the sun lol
Funny.. ... ..just when I thought the jokes couldn't get any stupider...

link   
I once said to a kid in my class as he walked past, "Hey pretend to kick my hand!" as I held out my hand.

He did..

Teacher saw it, so I yelled "OUUCHH WHY DID YOU DO THAT!!!"

and he got detention.

I didn't get in trouble at all..

schools are funny...

^^ True story, to make up for the AFJ story!! I am just the poster who keeps on giving...

edit on 1/4/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

link   
Well it said UK so it seemed legit

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Now THAT is some funny stuff...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I remember at school when I was in 2nd grade I think, I picked up a rock and threw it at a dumpster that was near where we were playing. This kid that I didn't see or walked in front or whatever got hit pretty hard in the side of the head. It cut him pretty bad, he was bleeding quite a bit.

I remember I felt horrible about it, like I think I was crying more than he was, cause it really was an accident. Anyway, I didn't get in any trouble at all, the teachers and the kid knew it was an accident. I told him I was sorry, we shook hands and that was the end of it. That was, oh I don't know, 25 years ago maybe.

I wonder how that would be handled nowadays?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns
I remember at school when I was in 2nd grade I think, I picked up a rock and threw it at a dumpster that was near where we were playing. This kid that I didn't see or walked in front or whatever got hit pretty hard in the side of the head. It cut him pretty bad, he was bleeding quite a bit.

I remember I felt horrible about it, like I think I was crying more than he was, cause it really was an accident. Anyway, I didn't get in any trouble at all, the teachers and the kid knew it was an accident. I told him I was sorry, we shook hands and that was the end of it. That was, oh I don't know, 25 years ago maybe.

I wonder how that would be handled nowadays?

Lol bloody hell, am I everyone or what!

I remember once I randomly picked up a rock, grade 3, makes me about 8 or something.. and I just lobbed this red earth aussie stone into the wild blue yonder without a care in the world...

and watched it...

and it slowly came down, onto this poor Vietnamese kids head, fare and square.. plonk. haha he'd only been at the school a year or two, and his ENglish was not the best..

I didn't aim it, it just went up and came down...

He started spinning around looking for who was doing it, being almost 2 years older than me, I couldn't contain myself and turned around and ran slowly yet distinctly to somewhere I could just guffaw for an hour...

I never did tell him it was me, despite us ending up having to interact at school..

jesus that was one of the funniest things I ever saw though, his face when a stone the size of a wheel nut planted on his head.. poor bugger...
)))))

edit on 1/4/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
haha, a marshmellow...we used to throw the heavy fire crackers or fireworks at each other during the swiss national day back in my times. So if you were unlucky it could fly straight back at you....
today i would have to admit that was a pretty stupid thing to do, but except some minor burns etc nobody got every injured....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

lol...I did the same thing once actually...and this is no joke...the person I hit, was a police officer...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
Haha...I flicked a rubber band into a kids eye once back at school...all I got a was a "talking to". I admit I probably deserved more in that case.

You reminded me of an incident in high school. I think I was a freshman. During class, this other kid flicked me with a rubber band at a very close distance. It stung quite a bit. I honestly don't remember where he actually hit me at, but I can remember my revenge very clearly.

I didn't act mad, but the plan was working through my mind. After class, I quickly went to the hallway, turned, and stopped against the wall. Left arm straight out. Right arm pulling back on a large rubber band, as far as possible. A few other kids came out first, and I was aimed right at them, but nobody stopped or said anything. As soon as his face came through the doorway- Point Blank!! Right on the temple.

I felt a tad bit bad about it at the time, but he never flicked me again lol.

new topics

top topics

join