It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Fallout Starting In UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have to start by saying I'm so sorry all those lives have been lost. Their are too many good people out their who loose everything and only hope their truly is another, greater, life after this one.

Now I just wanted to share some news that we got at my workplace yesterday here in England. I work in the car industry, the firm is a very large and important one, but a meeting was called to say our suppliers were based very close to one of the reactors that blew. We have been told that their is a good chance we could all lose our jobs and the factory would be down for sometime. I guess the repercussions around the world will start to hit home soon.

It's sad that I've seen many people on facebook making jokes about the situation in Japan, maybe that will change too when they realise we are all connected, and everything that happens affects us all eventually.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hope and pray you dont lose your job and the car factories in Japan get up and running quicker than we all think and expect good luck keep a stiff upper lip as the English say

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

Thank you so much, after looking for a job for a year and half and just starting this job 10 weeks ago I'd be absolutly gutted if I lost it, but the only way I can look at it is losing a job is better than losing a life

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The Japanese are the most capable people of bouncing back from disasters ... very hard working .. shouldn't take long before they rebuild ...

I live in the US .. all I can say is if something like that had happened here .. this place would fall apart faster than ever .. people are so violent and immoral here ... everyone just goes for a gun ..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by legalizeit
I live in the US .. all I can say is if something like that had happened here .. this place would fall apart faster than ever .. people are so violent and immoral here ... everyone just goes for a gun ..

It depends on where it happened. I think that some cities are more likely to riot, loot and steal. Just compare Hurricane Andrew to Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm guessing this is Nissan. It's just beggining to hit home what the long term effects for many of us elsewhere could be. It was easy to get caught up in the film we were seeing of the event initally, but now we're seeing more and more of the sad and frightening effect it has had on humanity especially locally but subsequently, globally.

Link to article from The Globe and Mail

It appears that several global name manufacturers have been hit hard - Nissan Motor Co.

- Production halted at all four car assembly factories in Japan, including those in severely hit Tochigi and Fukushima prefectures. Small fires confirmed at those two factories. Two suffered minor injuries at Tochigi factory.

edit on 25-3-2011 by Centur1on because: Link not working

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Poor choice of words in your Title OP. Were you trying to be ironic ?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with the Japannesse as well. but it may be time to start thinking about the rest of the world as well. Radiation is not a good thing and I am wondering if we are being told the truth anyway. If we are approaching the end times as a lot of people think,the bible even says that in the end times people will have open sores and boils,radiation?,If TPTB are behind all of this mess I expect more nuclear problems worldwide real soon.This may be mother nature going viral. or.........

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i am sorry for the chance of you losing your job .. you can get another job though right?

Thing is we can't get another .. life.... japan.... or planet.

The word 'Fallout' in the title is misleading , contrived to hint at radiation in the U.K

Thumbs down...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

You should think about unfriending your facebook friends who think people who are suffering is funny, and explain it to them before you delete them. I would.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%. It won't be funny when the 3rd largest economy is destroyed. Some people just don't get how serious this situation is for the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow just got back from work. Im sorry for the title, I was in a rush before i went to work and I meant to start, Fallout starting to hit UK. It wasn't meant as a jibe at anyone and I feel quite bad for how it looks now

And no its not Nissan, I'd rather not say who it is, but we had a meeting today and our factory only has supplies for 2weeks, and if we dont have supplies that means the likes of Nissan, Toyota etc. wont get the parts from us. We have been told today to expect the whole automotive industry to be in a mini-crisis and that within 4-6 weeks Nissan will be shutting its doors, probably along side Toyota UK.

I agree with the comments about at least I can get another job rather than another life. But it is going to be hard, the UK is screwed with unemployment to start with, it took me a year and a half to find this job and I have good experience for my age. Now if all these factories shut-up for a good length of time, their are going to be hundreds/thousands more looking for jobs again. The problem seems to be new suppliers could be found but they need 6 months validation/authorising...surely governments around the world are going to be losing Billions and could change the rules due to a global disaster?!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OccultScience

you caught that right off very good! this topic title should be changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is misleading and fallout should become repercussions! to get back on topic Repercussions will be felt worldwide and i think we should all cleanup our spiritual houses and get ready for good vs. evil!
edit on 25-3-2011 by bluewaterservant because: missing word

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Agree. OP should change the misleading sensationalist thread title.

What are you waiting for?

edit on 25-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
# me, sorry for making a mistake. I'm new around here and have no idea how to lol

As seen as this seems to be upsetting alot of people, I'd appreciate it if a Mod can delete this topic

edit on 26-3-2011 by Tangled2011 because: (no reason given)

join