It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for religious people

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by TNTarheel

Oh I know it's racism, but they were saying she was a sinner because she was dating a black man lol. So they somehow were trying to blame the racism on the religion, or something like that. Cousin is now married to said devil, happily with a couple rugrats.

Bold for emphasis, I assume she wasn't married then - could it have been that they called her a sinner because she was committing fornication, and presume that the man 'tempted' her into it? Just an alternate possibility (in reality she'd be equally guilty, but being family I can see how they'd overlook that)
Otherwise they could well be the sort that have a racist misinterpretation of certain Old Testament scriptures
edit on 20/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Knowledge, as we all know, is the supreme enemy of religion, especially Christianity.

'As we all know'? Don't be presumptuous, you're implying that all people who hold religious views are knowingly embracing ignorance
Believe it or not your spiritual views are, by most peoples' definition, another religion, though not an organized religion, and there may be some out there who think the same of you.
My beliefs are earnest, and I firmly believe in truth, even when it hurts. I would not choose to willingly delude myself.
edit on 20/3/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: Elaboration

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Thanks for answering, as you could probably tell, I was in an annoyed mood when I wrote this up.
Some good points brought up to think about.

No problem
Don't worry, we all get annoyed sometime

Originally posted by TKDRLMaybe I am a bit hard on them, but I don't see the need to put in a status every time you write a check to the church. It does come off as boasting to me.

I see it as boasting too, not a desirable attitude at all in my opinion

Originally posted by TKDRLAnd thanking jesus that your favorite team won the game, as if it was some sort or miracle, I don't know, seems just wrong.

I think sport is the last thing that Jesus or God would be influencing

Originally posted by TKDRLI guess it seems to me with all the crap going on in the world, there are more important things to be asking whatever god it is you follow to help out with. If that makes any sense.

Totally agreed

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Lol my favorite is my uncle. He is a NJ devil fan, you see statuses like "Thank god for giving the devils strangth to crush the capitols!" If you didn't know what he was talking about it sounds looney.

I attended their church a lot when I was a kid, I was born again there actually. I used to sleep over my aunt's a lot on the weekend to hang with the cousins. It is a crappy church, I am surprised they don't have an old sign at the door reading "No colored folks allowed".

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

Good point, yeah I have seen athiests that act like preaching religious folks too. Only enter the religion section to put people down and mock their beliefs.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Somehow I doubt when she brought him home she was all like "Meet my new boyfriend! We are having sex out of wedlock, isn't it great!"

Although maybe they assumed since it was an evil black guy who is probably into voodoo, that he had bewitched her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join