It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: Heavy artillery being used in Civilian Areas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Heavy artillery can be heard ringing out in Benghazi as the No-Fly zone comes into effect., can't find anything updated, but Italy is sending one if it's bad boy C130's over to wreak some havoc on Gaddafi's millitary.

If you have any follow-up on this please post.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

In this drastic situation, I think the ONLY intervention we should make is to somehow supply the "rebels" with arms. At least even up the fight. But I DO NOT think we should do anything more than that.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Not that I don't believe you, but generally for something like this, you should include a source. I am keeping a close eye on CNN.com, and they have not updated with any of this information [ yet ]. Could you please provide a source?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Libya accuses rebels of breaching truce

BENGHAZI, Libya (AFP) – Libya on Saturday accused rebels of breaching a truce as insurgents mobilised to defend their stronghold of Benghazi and a French diplomat said Western military intervention was imminent.

Ive heard that the Gadaffi forces have still been attacking the rebels, and now this. Im not really sure what to believe, but I would guess Gadaffi is the one still attacking

But rebel military council official Khaled al-Sayeh told reporters in Benghazi that the "Kadhafi regime never stopped firing or attacking people. Until this moment he is still attacking places ... under siege."

He said there had been "sustained shelling" in Zintan, Ajdabiya and Misrata on Friday.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Heavy artillery can be heard ringing out in Benghazi as the No-Fly zone comes into effect., can't find anything updated, but Italy is sending one if it's bad boy C130's over to wreak some havoc on Gaddafi's millitary.

If you have any follow-up on this please post.

This may be me just being a stickler to detail, but the C130 wouldn't wreak much havoc at all as it's a transport plane. The AC130 is the armed ground support variant and its sole operator is the USAF.

That being said, Italy sending a C130 to Libya is a pretty good sign. It could mean many things. It might have been used to make an arms shipment to the rebels or to supply other vital supplies. Either way, it is showing solidarity with their cause which is long overdue IMO.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, maybe they were sending a C-130, but I don't know why, could potentially be shot down, Gaddafi said he was going to be targeting passenger jets so why not the C-130.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

top topics

join