It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parhelia is in the house... Please welcome me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Text Black

Top of the day mates! I am Parhelia; a parhelia is anatmospheric event where a false image of the sun apears on both side of the sun... often seen at sea, and are called a sun-dog or a mock-sun.

Okay, the science lesson is over; and, now it is time to tell you a bit about myself:

I am a retired Navy Officer (thus the top of the day mate). I retired on Halloween, 1980 after serving my great country for more than twenty-two years. For the military people in the house, I am a mustang. I did service in all nine enlisted rates, all four warrant officer ranks, and three regular commissioned ranks. Enough for that, it ended twenty-four years ago.

After retiring from the Navy I worked in the Defence Contracting world for about eleven-years, with a bit of time as art director for a manufacturing company and a printing business. From there I went into the Real Estate trade, and, from there I ended my work life with full retirement in 1996!!!

I have been merried to the same woman for over 43-years, and have loved every minute of it. We have two adult-children, and two of the world's greatest grand-children (the oldest grand-child turned twenty-one this year, and will graduate from college next spring).

My intrests are hunting, fishing, gardening and copper sculpture (and of course my computer).

My continued goal is to live in a Republic where Democracy is enjoyed.

My championed cause is to maintain our Constitution in the purest form (as it was originally framed). My most recent bout with this was when I had to rally around to stop the idiots we have put in office from saving us from the evils of gay/lesbian merrages. An amendment needed... NOT!

Anything beyond that, you will have to ask, because I am tired of talking about myself.

I would like for someone to show me where I can get an avatar that is compatible with ATS...

Parhelia Out!

[edit on 20-7-2004 by Parhelia]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Welcome welcome, enjoy your long stay at the ATS!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
welcome to the site Parhelia
have fun cya round the site
se7en

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Welcome aboard the good ship ATS!

Originally posted by Parhelia
I would like for someone to show me where I can get an avatar that is compatible with ATS...

You can find an avatar in one of the many threads in the BTS Member Art Forum. See you around and again welcome.

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hehe, Parhelia is also a crappy video card made by Matrox. Sorry, just had to share that.

Welcome!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks to you all for the welcomes... looking forward to some good healthy debate and fun, fun, fun!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Parhelia. There's quite a few ex-millitary people here. Check out BTS, light weight but fun. See you around.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Welcome to the board, Parhelia. Hope you enjoy it!

join