It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

External HD usb2.0, HD movies on TV ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
External HD usb2.0, powerful enough to play HD movies on TV via the usb2.0 ?

Simply qustion really.. more and more TV´s come with usb port, mine to, so I was wondering

My personal concern would be lag when watching 1080p full hd movies.. so if you of any specific external HD thats up for that.. I would love to hear it

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have a USB drive and a USB hardrive and both play full HD through my TV's USB port no problem, its the TV that decodes the file as it plays so sometimes your TV might not like the codec used, I have avatar HD 1080P and my TV played the video but not the audio so I used an audio converter to convert the audio and now it plays fine.

Just think of your TV as a PC and it needs the correct drivers/codecs to play certain video files, my LG is connected to my router so it gets firmware updates sometimes like the xbox 360 when you switch it on...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
HD content needs around 5mb a second and USB 2.0 far surpasses this, you'll be fine.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
YOUR EXTERNAL DRIVE WILL LAST 10 TIMES LONGER IF YOU SIMPLY STORE MOVIES ON IT , THEN DRAG N DROP WHAT YOU WANT TO WATCH ON YOUR PC... WATCH THEM, THEN DELETE THEM WHEN DONE..

new topics

top topics

join