It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help: ill kitten

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I held her at the vets office for about an hour yesterday. She seemed a little better, but they still had to force feed her and water her. This makes day two of her stay day there.

Guys and Ladies, I REALLY appreciate all your info and suggestions. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. My ladylove read your responses and started crying, that so many good people care about our little babydoll. THANK YOU.

EDIT: I thought I was real tough being a naval officer. This little darling took my heart, so I'm not so tough anymore. Thank you isn't enough. I can't convey how much you all are helping me. The best people in the world.
edit on 4-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry your kitty is sick. The picture is adorable. Me and my canine crew here will keep paws crossed in hopes your kitty gets better.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just letting you know we're still with you.

I'm personally nursing my own 15yr old cat back to health after a nasty catfight a couple of weeks ago that had his face swell up like a balloon. With his age, I was even more concerned it was the end of him.

It was pretty gruesome, draining it, etc. (I won't go into details), but he's much better now (and eating like a horse and looks almost back to his old self). He's an outdoor cat these days, but I'm keeping him in until his wounds fully heal. All of the swelling is gone, and it's largely healed, but I don't want it to get infected.

Basically used the children's tylenol for pain, and the same dropper (rinsed of course) for water, etc. when he was still swollen. He's back to drinking and eating normally (except for insane amounts) now though, and has a lot more energy.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Basically used the children's tylenol for pain, and the same dropper (rinsed of course) for water, etc....

Hope he makes a good recovery Gazrok. Give him a tickle from me.

***HEADSUP PEEPS**...
Many people often use mild doses of human medication for their pets. Very common here in France, BUT DO NOT USE PARACETAMOL as it can poison cats. It isn't possible for a cat to utilise the chemicals in paracetamol quick enough and it can be toxic. Let's be safe eh?

Paracetamol is one of the most widely used drugs in the world. At manufacturer recommended doses it has an excellent safety record in humans. However, this is not the case in cats. Cats are simply unable to remove the drug from their bodies fast enough to prevent toxicity developing. NEVER ADMINISTER PARACETAMOL TO A CAT.

Source

I have recently been researching lots of cat ailment stuff while my 3 cats have been poorly and this is something I thought I should share.

The latest on my 3..

Duke has made a good recovery and is back to his usual lazy old self and begging for junk food crunchies which he isn't going to get.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1802a77d3d23.jpg[/atsimg]

Princess is still sniffling a bit but getting better and will also be back to her cheeky demanding attention self (bless her).
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6939dc3aec19.jpg[/atsimg]

Squidge is suffering with the sniffles an wheezing but right now she is resting comfortably on a pillow, asleep upstairs.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1187aad484b.jpg[/atsimg]

I love them more than anything or one and they always get me through tough times which is why I have cancelled work for a few days to look after them and get them through theirs.

Peace to the little fluffy ones.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I like the pics of your cats.

I thought I would post the most recent addition to my family.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad08211695bd.jpg[/atsimg]

This was the first picture I took of my kitten on the way home still in his box.

He is a Benegal-Scottish Wildcat hybrid and a little rip at times

edit on 7-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

That is sweet face! I've got some good news: Pixie is now eating on her own and her fever is gone!!! I'm getting ready to go see her now. Iam happy as hell.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
All I can say is, you people must be some of the best people on this planet. Been a long week with Pixie being sick, but I sure as hell appreciate you guys and girls being here. Thanks all.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by XXXN3O

That is sweet face! I've got some good news: Pixie is now eating on her own and her fever is gone!!! I'm getting ready to go see her now. Iam happy as hell.

Thats good news.

Im glad to hear you kitties ok.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Glad to hear all went well!

My cat seems to have made a pretty good recovery...as evidenced by the "present" he brought me (he got out again, and brought me a dead mouse...).

Hey, one time, he brought a dead squirrel in the house (even up a flight of stairs) to drop it in our bedroom. Cats are funny that way. It's even funnier because up until just a few years ago, he'd been an indoor cat all his life. He honed his hunting skills quick.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Our baby is HOME!!! We still have a course of antibiotics to get in her, but she is so much better! Can't tell you all how nice having your support is. Thanks folks. Helluva vet bill, but worth it. Our other fur children have almost made her bald, licking her and cleaning her. I think they missed her too. You guys are the best.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Thats great news!!
I am glad the cat is doing better and is back home where she belongs.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Again, you guys are the best. I woke up this morning with our little baby licking my ear. You people are the best. Many thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Our booga (our oldest cat) used to bring rats, snakes and lizards to the front door. Bless her heart, she was proud of her hunting skills, no matter how freaked out momma and dad got.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join