It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Let's not hash over the religious part of this - let's get to the meat and potatoes and ask WHY is the Pope announcing this NOW? I mean this is politics, NOT religion we're talking here.

So, why when the Catholic Church has known this from day one are they only releasing this information now?

THAT'S the question that needs an answer...one I don't have of course, lol.

peace

This isn't a pronouncement by the Catholic Church. It's advance snippets from a book by a theologian about the latter days of Christ's life.

The article isn't from the Vatican press corp, it's from AP.

Various Pope's have been speaking out about the calumny of the blood libel for quite a while. If there was an announcement made, it would be nothing new. But there wasn't.

Eric

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

This isn't a pronouncement by the Catholic Church. It's advance snippets from a book by a theologian about the latter days of Christ's life.

That 'theologian' is the Pope...

The book is the second installment to Benedict's 2007 "Jesus of Nazareth," his first book as pope, which offered a very personal meditation on the early years of Christ's life and teachings. This second book, set to be released March 10, concerns the final part of Christ's life, his death and resurrection.

The pope's book, he said, not only confirms church teaching refuting the deicide charge "but seals it for a new generation of Catholics."

So, if the Pope wrote the book (and he did) and if the article comes from the Vatican City (which it does) then you can be sure it's going to be considered a pronouncement by Catholics - (at least the ones here in Italy.)

Implying it's a new teaching/refutation for a new generation - 'seals' it, etc, blah blah...

Anyway, getting beyond that little stumble, the point is WHY NOW?

What is Israel up to these days?

Something to think about...

peace

edit on 4-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The point of origin of the article is Vatican City, meaning that the writer was reporting from there. The article was from AP, not the Vatican.

I don't believe that it has anything to do with the current state of Israel and is more of a reaffirmation of a long existing belief that attempts to blame the Jews for the death of Christ is erroneous and heinous.

Eric

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Again, the mere fact that he feels this needs to be done is proof that "The Church" has missed the point of Christ's life entirely.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Apologies, it was the 7 deadly sins that were revamped. My memory failed me.

NY Daily News

Also I didn't claim he was a nazi. I asked IF he was.

And with regards to 'forgiving the jews'- wasn't the pope a nazi?

PTX
edit on 4/3/2011 by Planet teleX because: To add quote

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

So....in a nutshell, every human living since His crucifixion killed Jesus.

I'm sorry to say I refuse to feel guilty for something I never did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join