It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I guess I could say something in here too.
I registered to ATS couple of years ago, but I've been lurking here much longer.

Why am I here? I've always been really open minded, but caught more or less in the material reality. Something then happened 5-6 years ago. Something subtle. It wasn't an event or anything you can point your finger at. I guess the internet and the accesability to information played a big part of it, but I started to soak like a sponge everything that interested me, like paranormal, metaphysics, spirituality etc. Pretty much everything that is discussed here. I'm very aware that there is lot of BS out there, but I can filter the most of it. And there is also some truth.

Anyway. Since the 5-6 years I've also started reading lot's of buddhism, especially Zen, but also lot's about meditation and spirituality. I've changed a lot (for the better), but I have also so much to learn.

I think I've always known that there is much more than what we are told. My friends have always considered me a little odd. Maybe because I usually make unorthodox decisions or just generally think a bit outside the box. Nothing has really happened to me. Maybe one pre-stage of an OBE, but that's it. I've wondered alot about that. If I'm so open to pretty much anything, why don't I experience anything? Shouldn't that be aginst the law of attraction? Or is it that I don't need to experience anything anymore. I already believe.

Anything is possible.

Namaste

Spiff

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiff

Welcome Spiff!! You will fit in around here ...your comment about being a little odd....
I lurked for a couple of years and join recently too; everyone has been very friendly and helpful. The more people that join the better the info gets.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hey Spiff.

I kinda go with your idea that you just don't need them. I had numerous "experiences" when I was much younger but none for ages. Those experiences can be addictive and draw one into trying to experience them again and again rather than live our new lives which come with new understanding. Once the understanding process has begun, it may be that those "big experiences" would get in the way.
Oh and don't forget
" You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you just might find you get what you need."
Welcome.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Welcome!

Try reading the book Zhuan Falun(this is the main book of Falun Dafa self-cultivation in Buddha Fa QiGong school) in my signature below, it will explain everything to you about opening your third eye, developing supernormal powers etc etc, it all starts with becoming a good person.

I can tell you, do not pursue supernormal powers, they must come naturally, otherwise they will not come at all. If you are a special person with lots of virtue you may have to wait a long time while locked.

Anyway, please read the book, feel free to PM me your questions. Falun Dafa is something completely out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Excellent. Thank you! I'll definately be reading that.

I dunno if I "pursue" any powers. Rather I like to experiment with myself without any definitive goal. What I meant by not having anything happened to me was only that for example I have never seen any paranomal

EDIT: Great! I found it on my native language.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Spiff because: (no reason given)

top topics

join